Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trem, Hardtail, 2 pc. Bridge, or adjustable Hardtail........... what's your choice?

Trem, Hardtail, 2 pc. Bridge, or adjustable Hardtail........... what's your choice?

I like The way a Trem feels under my hand, but I never use a trem.................... kinda Kooky?

I love the way the 2 pc. feels ................... far superior to a TOM IMHO!

I don't like the way the adjustable wraptail feels, but it's certainly needed for a Piezo!

Wrap Hardtail feels good under my hand, although I need to be aware of accidentally muting strings. I believe PRSH somewhat strictly plays a wraptail guy..........
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

I have all 3 and the hardtail is my fav. 2 piece bridge pretty cool too. I ma not much of a trem guy because I switch between standard and dropped tunnings too much and the trem just can't stay in tune going back and forth IMO.
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

DGT Club President BostonGuitar's Avatar
    ALL
    Official DGT Club President 2008-2016
    "Lucky": 2012 McCartyBurst PRS DGT Moons (59/09 Neck Pickup)
    "Lucy G": 2008 GoldTop/DarkBack PRS DGT Birds(57/08 Pickup)
    "Lester": 2007 GoldTop/DarkBack Les Paul R0(59/09-57/08)

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Love a Trem guitar but, like you I do not use them. I'm convinced they sound better... Probably mild psychosis! Also a big fan of Wraparound tail piece...

2-pc bridge for me.... I just wish it was offered on more models...specifically the McCarty
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

I'm with you, Markie. I love the trem feel, but don't even put the trem arm in most of the time (unless it's a surf day), but the fixed wrap tail is my favorite.

Feast like a sultan, I do QueenCityGuitars's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Wrap Hardtail feels good under my hand, although I need to be aware of accidentally muting strings.
    Chugga Chugga, YES!

I like the wrap stoptail (non-adjustable) bridge because I think it feels good under my hand.

Bridges all day everyday. With a tremel-no, I can have any functioning tail piece I want from a stop tail to a floater..... it rocks
    Last edited by themike; 11-29-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Trem all day every day, it was the single biggest feature that sold me on a PRS almost twenty years ago. I can't believe Floyd Rose trems are still made.

I bought a trem model because the wraptails felt weird to me. I don't use the trem either. But then my next several PRSi were all wraptails, so I have learned to like them too. Never seen a two piece in person.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    2-pc bridge for me.... I just wish it was offered on more models...specifically the McCarty

Now Ang.................. Most of us are aware that you know 1st hand how to get a 2 pc. on the model of your choice
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of decked or blocked off trems. I wouldn't buy a hardtail Strat as I believe the trem - whether used or not - adds something to the sound. Also, it's there is I need it.

Regards wraparound or two piece... Not too fussed as long as they are sufficient quality.

Err... Yeah, so all of them!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

I prefer a big chunk of stop tail.
    One of these days, I'll sit down and figure out something useful to do with a trem, but mostly so I'll have an excuse to get some more guitars.

I'm new to playing - still taking lessons and got lots to learn. I just need the basics. I'm not going to be using a tremolo very much for the foreseeable future (though my new DGT has one) - I have lots of other technique to work on first.

Gimme a regular old wrap-around stop tail for playing ease and tuning stability.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I don't use tremolo much, but it's nice to have when needed.

Guitar Geezer
    The wrap stoptail is perfect for me and a brilliant design. With Tone Pros studs it intonates perfectly and is just a no-brainer.

Jim, no trems here
    PRS HBS
    PRS McCarty Soapbar Standard
    PRS SE EG 'Snowy'

Have both a trem as well as a 2 piece....love the trem just a wee bit more than the 2p, both are super comfy to play though.

Wrap stoptail for me. Feels just rights. I want a DGT but I'm not sure how I'll get along with how the trem feels.

All ... I like them ALL!!

I rarely use the trem arm, but I like the tone resonance you get with one, and they have a nice feel. For session work, it's good to have the option of using the trem when I need to.

My favorite for pure tone with a non-trem is the PRS 2-piece, and I completely agree that they're nicer to play than the old TOM as well.

But heck, I like the wrap tails, too. It all depends on the guitar.