Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call Me Crazy but Tell Me What You think

I would leave it alone!
    -Bob

I'd do it if you love the guitar. Before PTC existed, I bought a black McStd for the sole purpose of painting it a custom white color by paintguy(Larry). Mainly because I had a hard time finding this model in any white color. I think yours would look great with a natty back...the only risk you run is if the wood isn't looking hot and sexy under that paint. Paint is much easier to refin than a dye. There's a sealer(clear) below the paint if I remember correctly. I'd guess PTC would have no problem.

This is the closest one I found similar to your idea.

'96 CE-24 with Bird Inlays - VY | '91 CE-24 (road warrior) - VS | '06 SC Artist - Blue Matteo Satin | '12 Tremonti SE Custom | MESA Roadster

I have a red sig. lim. like yours and i say DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE !!! Go private stock,if you want to mess around with colors,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post

Tahnks for the pic Artist. Its close but I don't have a quilt top. Makes it an even more interesting idea
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bluefade View Post
    I have a red sig. lim. like yours and i say DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE !!! Go private stock,if you want to mess around with colors,etc.

Well this where I consider myself very fortunate in the fact that I have a red and the charcoal burst so I plan to leave the red one alone. I am just waiting to hear back from Shawn as far as what something like this might cost.

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

I'm on the road right now so I only had a few minutes but how's this quick render work for you?

Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    I'm on the road right now so I only had a few minutes but how's this quick render work for you?

Mike that is AMAZING !! Now I am really Sold if it could come close to looking like that .

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post

That looks great! I especially love the light charcoal binding, v nice touch! Love your work Mike!

Haha glad you like it!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

The trigger has been pulled and the process started