Thread: Has anyone heard of the PRS CAD GSA 50

Has anyone heard of the PRS CAD GSA 50

I read about this amp elsewhere and it has me intrigued. It is supposed to be based on the 2 channel H but with EL34 tubes and a prescense knob in place of the reverb on the front with a couple other mods also. I have been thinking about a 2 channel and after reading this I am even more curious.

Just wondering if anybody has heard on or has one. Just wanting to pick the minds of the PRS community.
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

-(this looks like my kinda amp!!!)

Text from guitar sanctuary

"We've been big fans of PRS amplifiers ever since Paul, Doug Sewell, and their team put together their first designs and started production. Paul, Doug, and everyone at PRS share The Guitar Sanctuary's passion for having the finest built guitars, amps, and equipment available to our customers.

We were honored when they approached us about doing our own Guitar Sanctuary amplifiers through their CAD program (Custom Amp Designs). Geo and Brian put their heads together with Doug Sewell and Mike Clark in September of 2012 at the Experience PRS event and started working on the wish list and first prototype for what would become the "GSA 50" 2 Channel Head.

Handmade and handwired in Stevensville, Maryland, the GSA 50 starts with a PRS 2 Channel H as its platform, with a series of modifications and upgrades done to our specifications.

We changed the power tubes to EL34s, to give it a smoothness and additional midrange "girth", while maintaining the clarity and tight response of the Heyboer transformer. The clean channel has plenty of flexibility in the EQ and the voicing to get as warm and dark or as bright and articulate as needed. The Lead channel is capable of incredible articulation and saturation, with the dynamic response that players search for. Rolling up and down on your guitar's volume control produces a great range of tones, and the differences in every guitar and pickup choice comes through regardless of how much gain you dial up.

We added a presence control, for additional definition and EQ capability. The Presence control has a special Pull function, that changes the low end response and definition, adding a "bigness" to the sound when you are playing at lower volumes.

We moved the reverb control to the back of the amp, and added a special pull feature that defeats the reverb for the lead channel only, adding increased versatility.

The back of the amp also sports an adjustable boost control for the lead channel to give you an increase in volume and output when needed. The boost is easily accessible from the footswitch, giving instant access for solos.

To finish off the amp, we've got a custom Fire Red flame maple front panel with gold piping, to match the Guitar Sanctuary color scheme.

The results have been nothing short of spectacular, and we're proud to be associated with such an incredible amp, and great company."
    -Bob

Thanks Dirty,

I didn't realize it was only through the guitar sanctuary. This amp sounds truely amazing . Shame there isn't any youtube video or audio to get an ides of what she sounds like.
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    Thanks Dirty,

I didn't realize it was only through the guitar sanctuary. This amp sounds truely amazing . Shame there isn't any youtube video or audio to get an ides of what she sounds like.
    I know I would love to hear it...looks awesome.
    -Bob

Doug can make some real magic happen. CAD is the $hit!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Holy crap!

Sounds awesome. I may go after some of those mods on my 2 Ch H's...
    Ted Club President