Thread: Best clean boost pedal?

Best clean boost pedal?

Hi Guys,
    Can anyone recommend a good clean boost pedal and say why you like it? Thanks in advance.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Stripped 58, NF3, SE Custom 24, SE Custom Semi-Hollow with Bigsby, Vintage V6 Reissue
    Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, Godin Velocity, Blackstar HT-5TH amplifier

EP booster for simplicity's sake.

I've brought this up before, but I really like the Jetter Jet Drive for both boost and drive. It's basically two overdrives in one pedal. Both are independent (you can run either or both). I set the first side for a nice clean boost and the other for a good bluesy drive. Then, I just pick and choose what I need.

EP booster, made by exotic. Fattens up your tone real nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluefade View Post
    EP booster, made by exotic. Fattens up your tone real nice!!
    I have one set to Zero all the time on, just makes you sound better, so I am considering getting another EP to use as a boost.

The White BB Booster, because it most certainly adds a very clean boost at low settings, to drive an amp harder, but also offers a soft Marshall type OD when the drive is turned up, and very quiet.

EP Booster. I have 2. I set for Vintage & one for Top Boost (Factory Default) Of course, one white & 1 black.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Another vote for the EP Booster
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

I've used the Fulltone Fat Boost in the past with great results.

I find that the HX/DA and my former Two-Rocks didn't need a boost pedal in front. Neither did the Mesa Mk V. Other amps did, however.

I have 3 different boosts:
    Klon (silver) - love it ! (bought it new back when they were reasonable)
    EP Boost - really is amp dependent, but with the right amp it is amazing
    Fulltone Fat boost (v3) - a nice all around boost pedal, rugged

My current set up is a PRS DGT - Klon Centaur - Victoria Ivy League (tweed Harvard)

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    I like my EP Boost as well. Can't quite remember the Klon (when I had one) but it was excellent too - as you can see from the current price tag.
    One Life

For quite a while I've been using a Suhr KoKoBoost. I like the choice of either a general boost or a mid-range boost. I recently pulled it off the board in favor of the tube-driven Black Box from Red Iron Amps. I don't have a great vocabulary to describe what it does other than when I turn it on it always feels like I just took a blanket off when I didn't even know it was under a cover.
    George

AMPS: Red Iron Amps Mil-Spec -> Cave Valley 2x12 cab, Swart STR-Tweed
    GUITARS: Suhr Pro C2, PRS NF3, PRS SE Singlecut, Gibson LP Standard, Squier CV50

Xotic makes great booster pedals. If you want a simple boost, the EP works great. If you want to be able to control the bass, treble, and gain...the RC Booster pedal is nice. Go here http://www.xotic.us/effects/ and read which one would best suit your needs. Good luck!

Put me down as another vote for the EP boost , I like mine a lot.
    I also use a Seymour Duncan pickup booster mostly with single coil guitars .
    It has 25 db boost and a switch to change the pickups' resonance to simulate a humbucker
    Combine that with a 6db boost and you can sound like you have a HB in a strat for 8 bars of a solo ,
    then go back to a single coil for the verses. Add 25 db boost and it's handy for crowd control
    Last edited by Rick; 12-03-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the feedback.

I read the posts and kept seeing EP Booster over and over again. Not knowing what it was or looked like, I Googled EP Booster and started laughing. One of the guys at my local guitar shop has been raving about this boost pedal he just started using. When I saw the photo on the Xotic website, I saw that his pedal is the EP Booster the one you guys have been recommending.
    Last edited by ExpatGirl; 12-03-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Stripped 58, NF3, SE Custom 24, SE Custom Semi-Hollow with Bigsby, Vintage V6 Reissue
    Fender American Deluxe Telecaster, Godin Velocity, Blackstar HT-5TH amplifier

The various Echoplex boosters DO sound nice...really nice. However, my favorite is the Lizard Leg Flying Dragon. Adds just the right amount of "sizzle".
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

Currently using an MXR Micro-Amp. Clean boost, no noise & inexpensive too!

Bob Burt Clean Boost.

I love the boost I get from my Effectrode PC-2A when the peak reduction knob is off or slightly on.