Thread: Youtube....what is the strangest video you have ever actually searched for?

Banned

Youtube....what is the strangest video you have ever actually searched for?

I have to say that with the advent of youtube I have come to the conclusion that just about anything that has ever been filmed is available to be viewed on this site. It is incredible to see what has been loaded up there.

the inspiration of this thread may precede a lot of you members....the other day I was thinking about all the strange, weird, awful and tacky sitcoms that used to populate TV. OK..nothing has really changed in that regard. But...back in the '60's...before the advent of the 1 hour variety show which catapulted the Smothers Brothers into national fame...they had a very strange sitcom that lasted 1 season. That show featured Tommy as an apprentice angel and Dick as his beleaguered brother. I was probably about 10 years old or so when I watched it.

So...while walking the dog the other day....I couldn't get the stoooopid theme song out of my head...but of course...47 or so years later...it was kinda hard to remember the stooopid lyrics..althought for some reason I could remember the actual tune...the melody...perfectly. For your dining and dancing pleasure, I present the original Smothers Brothers sitcom theme song...and ask you all to share the strangest youtube video you have ever actually searched for ("Treeman, the Angriest Guitar player in the world" doesn't count folks!)

Edit.....to make sure we take full advantage of the weirdness that is out there...let's please add to this thread to include all of those youtube videos that you've found by accident while searching for something else.
    Last edited by docbennett; 12-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    ("Treeman, the Angriest Guitar player in the world" doesn't count folks!)

bastid! You made me look. I'll get even I swear I will!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Psy - Gangnam Style...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post

bastid! You made me look. I'll get even I swear I will!
    No...say you didn't....if you didn't avert your eyes from that video...you are doomed forever...you will NEVER get that out of your head.

This one is pretty strange and will also get stuck in your head...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgS6...e=results_main

Hmmmm , searched for as opposed to finding by accident
    I'd have to pick Oscar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKWbT0CpaXo

and I thought I'd been able to forget about Treeman , 'til now lol

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Well, I found this one today. I didn't search for it exactly, but stumbled onto it somehow. It's pretty strange to me. (It also clears up some questions. After seeing this, I think the reason learning and playing guitar is sometimes difficult for us is because we humans only have two hands, instead of however many... uh... pods.) LOTS of barre chords here!

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Banned
    To clarify my OP...I certainly think that the videos we find by accident...while searching for something else...not only qualfies for this thread...but actually represents the majority of those videos that will wind up here as well. Let's make sure to modify this thread to include the strangest videos you've actually searched for...or unintentionally found while looking for something else.

I mentioned before in another thread that for the longest time I avoided YouTube at all costs. I never really knew why; I was just convinced that 'it wasn't for me'. But after going to the site so much in the last year or two (not sure when I started going there), I now think that it's great! The historical music tracks I post, the factory tours, rig rundowns (!), and the live gigs from all over the world I watch... I don't know what I was thinking! Talk about narrow-minded. (And that's to say nothing of all the other subjects I go to YT for now. Travel, Architecture, recipes. And historic drag races? HOLY MOSES! OCIR, Indy, Texas Motorplex, Santa Pod, Ocala Florida...)

I've also learned that you can find almost anything on YT. Almost.

Goldtop
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Strange to some, this is one of the few good memories I have from my childhood. Old Cal Worthington commercials from California, thanks to YouTube.

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 12-03-2012 at 02:30 PM.

I've seen many strange things on YouTube. This one takes the cake, so far.

Guitar Talk.

GT/QC

ONE reason I'm not in a band. Strange but true!

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 12-03-2012 at 03:16 PM.

2 Girls 1 Cup. Everybody was cracking up about it at work, but wouldn't say what it was about. I didn't find it on youtube. Somebody emailed it to me right after that. Let's just say, that's SOOOOOO not what I expected to go down.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

You asked for it, brother...

Courtesy of my daughter. They did the song/dance at her pre-school, so she was obsessed with it for a short time. I'll spare you links to the possibly stranger versions from the Latin American kids shows.
    --Garrett--