Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Mike 7-12

Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    See what you did Mike?! You put up a seemingly innocent post, but I think you had a devious plan in mind the whole time. "Let's see...what can I do to get the forum churning? bwahahaha"
    Tell me about it! hahaha Its all good guys. DRM is more than welcome to his opinion and skeptiscism for the project as is anyone else. The internet is not serious business so I don't take it to heart - plus he likes Chimaira so he gets a pass.

I am in love with this project and anyone who doesn't can simply....well....

Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Honest feedback is always allowed. Whether or not it is in good taste is the question.

When a member is sharing his guitar with community you should think of it like he (or she) is making a toast. You have two options: Drink or don't drink.
    One Life

I am amazed at the skill of the PTC crew. I enjoy reading the threads and seeing the pics of their work. Some of the projects make me envious, like the piezo install they did for Mike. Other projects just aren't for me for a variety of reasons. Would I turn a 12-string into a 7-string? No (I can barely play 6), but I'm not about to criticize or question someone for making that choice. So while this isn't one I'd want to do, I will still sit back and wait for more progress photos and marvel at the skill involved in the transformation.

In the end, Mike will have a guitar that is far more meaningful to him than a stock SE-7 or a PS model, and honestly, that is all that matters.

Now... How long before we see more pics?
    PRS Custom 24 Fender SRV Strat Fender Clapton Strat Gibson LP Studio Parker Fly Deluxe
    Egnater Tweaker Wampler Pedals
    I don't have a playing style unless you consider "freakin' hack" a style.

Ha thanks man, that Piezo install was masterful! I need to reacreate that thread for this forum since it was lost with BAM.

I think I should have more photos after it comes back from paint

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Soooo.... are you shooting straight right now?
    You tell me. This is at 100 yds, iron sights, an M1 Garand...

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

_[GULP]
    One Life

Jamie,
    That's excellent shooting. But if I can make a tiny suggestion, with the slightly "southeast" grouping, you may be squeezing your whole hand a tiny bit during your trigger pull. Try isolating just your trigger finger during the pull just a little more. Great job!
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

_[GULP]
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    Jamie,
    That's excellent shooting. But if I can make a tiny suggestion, with the slightly "southeast" grouping, you may be squeezing your whole hand a tiny bit during your trigger pull. Try isolating just your trigger finger during the pull just a little more. Great job!
    Nah, just too lazy to adjust the windage and elevation knobs. One click on each and I'm golden...

(that, and I shoot left handed... )

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    You tell me. This is at 100 yds, iron sights, an M1 Garand...

Jamie
    The best part about shooting a Garand is what happens after the 8th shot.....
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Not to derail this thread, which has now earned the distinction of becoming the first PTC-to-rifle-skill thread that I can recall, but to return to the guitar for a moment, I think it's one heck of a fun project!

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    plus he likes Chimaira so he gets a pass.
    Oh I don't like Chimaira, I freakin LOVE Chimaira. I have Chimaira tattoos and my one and only trip to the USA so far has been to go to Cleveland, Oh for a Chimaira Christmas show a few years ago. That's how much I love that band. haha
    Laugh, Love, Live, Learn - Devin Townsend

Quote Originally Posted by DRM_777 View Post
    Oh I don't like Chimaira, I freakin LOVE Chimaira. I have Chimaira tattoos and my one and only trip to the USA so far has been to go to Cleveland, Oh for a Chimaira Christmas show a few years ago. That's how much I love that band. haha
    How much did that cost roughly? thats dedication!
    I want to go to the Exp PRS, if you plan to go one year noise me up

Quote Originally Posted by slowro View Post
    How much did that cost roughly? thats dedication!
    I want to go to the Exp PRS, if you plan to go one year noise me up
    Not as much as you might think, though I only had to pay for flights and spending money last time as I went and stayed with a friend in Indiana and my flights cost about 550 flying from Aberdeen to Chicago O'hare and getting picked up by my friend there.

Was planning on going again this year and flights from Aberdeen to Cleveland with a weeks hotel 5 minutes down the street from where the CC show takes place was coming in at a bit under 1500 but I couldn't free up the cash sadly, but I'll be booking early next year to go back again.

Would love to go to a PRS Experience weekend for sure and will definitely sound out any ideas on the board nearer the time.
    Laugh, Love, Live, Learn - Devin Townsend

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DRM_777 View Post
    Chimaira rocks! lml,

Soooo....... are we actually talking about the 14-string?
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Phase 1 of the finish - Holy @%#!$ !!!!

I cant believe its real - im so happy

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Phase 1 of the finish - Holy @%#!$ !!!!

Hey Mike, that guitar on the right corner of the pic is one of the O Rappa SE's that went to auction. The guy who got it (Marcelo "Milke" Carvalho) sent to PTC.

SE Tremonti por aduayer, no Flickr

Oh yeah! 7 Sig!

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Honest feedback is always allowed. Whether or not it is in good taste is the question.

When a member is sharing his guitar with community you should think of it like he (or she) is making a toast. You have two options: Drink or don't drink.
    Oh I'm drinking on this one . Can't wait to see more pics Mike and congrats man this is gonna be one SWEET 7
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye