Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What New PRS Accessories Would You Like?

Oh ok I thought you were joking. Good idea
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Good suggestions guys, I'd like to hear more of your ideas.

Les- I believe incase has gotten out of the guitar-case business and they are focusing on making cases for ipads and smart phones.

PAISLEY STRAP!!! PLEEEEEASE!!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    PAISLEY STRAP!!! PLEEEEEASE!!!
    I could get down with that!
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Good suggestions guys, I'd like to hear more of your ideas.

Les- I believe incase has gotten out of the guitar-case business and they are focusing on making cases for ipads and smart phones.
    Darn, I should have kept mine!

More ideas:

I use a nylon memory stick case that was made for 6 memory sticks to hold the four or five different kinds of picks I regularly use, so I don't have a zillion picks loose in the accessory compartment of my guitar case. I also keep the tools that came with the guitar, extra bits and bobs, etc., in it.

It'd be great to have something similar made for holding not only a few different types of picks, but also the tools and even the trem arm. If you've ever accidentally left the accessory compartment of a hard case open, you know that a lot of stuff can get loose and wind up all over the place in your case. This not only organizes the stuff, but prevents that from happening. You could even include a high quality nipper to cut the string ends, and other useful tools, maybe something for the screws that tighten down on the strings on the tops of the tuning machines? Etc.

The PRS accessory bag is great for this stuff, of course, but sometimes you just feel like grabbing your guitar and not being bothered with extra stuff to carry.

How about a nitro-safe polish? There are always questions on the forums about what to use with nitro-finished PRSes.

And...um...a force-field to protect my guitar from dings and dents...haha!
    Last edited by LSchefman; 12-05-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Black, Maple, Flame Maple pickup rings. Honestly the plastic ones one a $4000 guitar are a bit of an insult. And ebony, maple, etc tuner buttons. Surely with the woods they got left over this wouldn't be hard?

Quote Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
    Black, Maple, Flame Maple pickup rings. Honestly the plastic ones one a $4000 guitar are a bit of an insult.
    I prefer the plastic rings on a PRS to any of the wood ones I've seen on most PRSes. I think wood rings clash with the tops. I just don't like the look - it reminds me of seeing a trucker with a crapload of chrome doodads and lights on his rig for no reason at all.

Personal thing. Plastic rings are also the traditional look.

So I don't agree with the "insult" claim. I see plenty of custom guitars from esteemed custom builders with plastic rings, not to mention Gibson's high end offerings.

But maybe it would be cool to offer something in wood in the accessory store for them that wants 'em!
    Last edited by LSchefman; 12-05-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Al lot of ideas here would get my money.
    Strap locks made me think of using bird shaped strap buttons. The strap shouldn't slip off a nice pair of wings.
    And how about T-shirts in guitar finishes? Ezra Verde, Blue Crab Blue, Angry Larry, etc., complete with the flame maple look.

Quote Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
    Black, Maple, Flame Maple pickup rings. Honestly the plastic ones one a $4000 guitar are a bit of an insult. And ebony, maple, etc tuner buttons. Surely with the woods they got left over this wouldn't be hard?
    Good idea, I like it! We've recently switched to the Phase III tuners so we will need to source new tuner buttons for these. The buttons from Phase II tuners don't fit.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    More ideas:

And...um...a force-field to protect my guitar from dings and dents...haha!

We already have this, it's called the PTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    We already have this, it's called the PTC.

Heheh. I like that answer!

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Lots of strap lock talk here. I haven't read all of the thread, so if this has already been mentioned forgive me: Strap buttons shaped like the twelfth fret bird marker. Maybe not as standard equipment, but as a dress-up for those who display, or just want something cool. I'd buy some. Back in the 80's Ibanez used a strap button I called a plump V, and years ago Gibson used a diamond. PRS should be able to top all of that!

They might be good on-the-spot advertising too. You could mount them anywhere. Use them as door pulls on cabinets, coathooks, a place to hang a cord in the guitar room.

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 12-05-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

How about a padded gig bag for the amp heads, something you could put the whole head in, with a bottom and a zip-closed top? Maybe a pocket on the outside for cables and other stuff.

Yes. I do seem to be obsessed with luggage.

"Do you travel a lot with your gear, Les?"

"Not really."

"Well, you must do a lot of outside sessions, then."

"Not really."

"So why do you need gig bags and other stuff like that?"

"The phone might ring and I might have to go on tour."

"What do you think the chances are of that happening?"

"Not very good."

"I see."
    Last edited by LSchefman; 12-11-2012 at 06:51 PM.