Thread: 13s on a SE Stoptail, what are my bridge options?

13s on a SE Stoptail, what are my bridge options?

Let's say hypothetically I wanted to string up a SE with 13s (including a wound 3rd string) and tune it B to B. What are my options as far as adjustable bridges?

So far I've come up with the following:
    1) PRS adjustable bridge. That would work, yes. But they cost $290. The guitar I'm looking at buying costs $300 used... for the whole guitar.
    2) Schroeder?
    3) Pigtail?
    4) Hipshot Baby Grand?
    5) Others?

Or should I wait for the new SE Clint Lowery?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Personally i'd go with the Schroeder and just get them or a tech to adjust the slots to the 10" radius and guage 13 strings if needed.

Not heard a bad thing about the Schroeder bridges yet. I'd get their metric locking studs to go with it.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    Personally i'd go with the Schroeder and just get them or a tech to adjust the slots to the 10" radius and guage 13 strings if needed.

Not heard a bad thing about the Schroeder bridges yet. I'd get their metric locking studs to go with it.
    I agree with this. I have two Schroeder bridges notched to the 10" radius with no complaints.

Tonepros P Style bridge?

Same bridge on at least 3 or 4 other SE artist signatures!
    2008 PRS SE Mike Mushok Model Silverburst (On the bench awaiting USA Electronics and some hardware mods)
    2012 PRS Mark Tremonti Model Solana Burst 10 Top (Stock apart from Schaller Strap Locks)
    2013 PRS SE Tremonti Custom Whale Blue (Di Marzio Crunch Lab/PRS McCarty Bass)
    Follow me on Twitter: @ESPImperium

Right on, those are great suggestions. Thanks!
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana