Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 92 of 92

Thread: What do you do for work?

  1. #81
    Senior Member MA Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    493
    VP of Americas Sales for a Telecommunications Equipment Manufacturer based in Ottawa, Canada.

    I have been doing sales in the Telecommunications Equipment space for 20+ years, have been at this company for 5.

    This company has been the best one yet, have built a team of 30+ great folks and have grown the business significantly, plus 3 years ago started a corporate band ("The Dealmakers" - a play on the Sales thing) that we use to promote the company in our industry.

    It has been awesome, has got me the opportunity to perform at some great venues such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (twice!), Vegas, Boston, Nashville (BB Kings!), Park West in Chicago, and Dallas.

    Pretty cool to tie my favorite hobby into work! Enjoying it while it lasts...

    Ted Club President

  2. #82
    Senior Member captdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    pensacola FL
    Posts
    498
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIBcnLOKu9U...WOW



    Need to get yall a gig down here at the Flora Bama!
    !
    Last edited by captdg; 12-16-2012 at 01:20 PM.

  3. #83
    I am a Customer Sales Engineer for Dell. I sell Enterprise class Computer solutions.
    ZebraPRS
    Guitars: 1989 PRS Custom; 1995 PRS Custom (24); 20?? PRS Custom 24 Custom Zebra Stripes, 2009 25th McCarty NF, 2014 Brushstroke 24, 2013 PRS HBII,
    Amps: PRS Original Sewell 50 watt #43 with Paisley 2x12 cab; PRS Pre-Prod 2 Channel C with 2x12 DB Cabinet, PRS Custom 10 watt head

  4. #84
    Senior Member MA Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by captdg View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIBcnLOKu9U...WOW



    Need to get yall a gig down here at the Flora Bama!
    !
    Thanks for posting! That was 2010 at BB King's in Nashville.

    Here is a more recent video from Oct 2012 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaXeHw-b_rY

    Our other guitarist won "Best Guitarist" of the Competition and a sweet R9 from Gibson. The judges dug our "keyboardless" version of Baba (we copped it from Gaslight Anthem).

    Cool to have a professionally edited video from the folks at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Once in a lifetime opportunity...

    P.S. While we were there we all gave mojo together for Howard Leese and Heart to make it in the Hall of Fame. (Congrats, Howard!)
    Ted Club President

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by zebraprs View Post
    I am a Customer Sales Engineer for Dell. I sell Enterprise class Computer solutions.
    Ooo, I love the computer on the Enterprise. Can you get me one that does the Holodeck thing?

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Ooo, I love the computer on the Enterprise. Can you get me one that does the Holodeck thing?
    Give me warp factor 3 Mr. Sulu, and Scotty...check the status of those Dilithium crystals.

    (sound from the speaker in a strong Scottish Brogue)

    "Captain...I'm an engineer.....not a miracle worker"

    Leonard McCoy, standing next to the console, overhears, and shouts out..

    "Damn it Jim...I'm a doctor...not a starship trooper!"

    Scene dissolves as the bridge begins to brawl with one another, while Jim and Uhura sneak out into the corridor for ......

    To be continued Stardate 5757


    I guess what I do is watch a lot of reruns.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Give me warp factor 3 Mr. Sulu, and Scotty...check the status of those Dilithium crystals.

    (sound from the speaker in a strong Scottish Brogue)

    "Captain...I'm an engineer.....not a miracle worker"

    Leonard McCoy, standing next to the console, overhears, and shouts out..

    "Damn it Jim...I'm a doctor...not a starship trooper!"

    Scene dissolves as the bridge begins to brawl with one another, while Jim and Uhura sneak out into the corridor for ......

    To be continued Stardate 5757


    I guess what I do is watch a lot of reruns.
    But they're GOOD reruns.

  8. #88
    Ok wow I feel like the odd man out here lol
    I am about to start my PhD in Psychology but to maintain my addiction at this time I am a Therapist specializing in Bariatric counseling
    Basically, I do therapy with people pre and post surgery to assist them in the psychological changes of bariatric surgery

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Arturo E. Freyre III View Post
    Ok wow I feel like the odd man out here lol
    I am about to start my PhD in Psychology but to maintain my addiction at this time I am a Therapist specializing in Bariatric counseling
    Basically, I do therapy with people pre and post surgery to assist them in the psychological changes of bariatric surgery
    Very cool.....I specifically refused to do these type of "pre-surgical forensic evaluations" in my private practice as my insuror contacted me to let me know that they would exclude any claim made for this type of service. By indicating that my practice included these procedures (circa 2007) I got a frantic telephone call from the insuror..... and the owner of that local branch made sure to get on the phone and tell me that my policy would have a rider that specically excluded any form of "surgical compliance or "psychological screening" for a medical procedure of any kind. I was told that when these procedures go south, the claimant sues EVERYONE involved...and they didn't want to be hit with the shotgun pellets of litigation.
    It's a cool field, if you can get the 3rd party coverage to protect you from frivilous lawsuits...especially since this patient population can be litigious.

    Oh...BTW...welcome to the forum, and welcome to the field. What graduate school are you attending??

  10. #90
    Member Harw00d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Derby, UK.
    Posts
    60
    I'm out on the road today guitar teching for 'The Quireboys' and when that's done I'll be chilling with Thin Lizzy!
    PRS SE 245 (Heavily Modified), Warman Guitars 'Warbird', ESP/LTD EC-256, ESP/LTD F-2005, Maverick F3, EVH Peavey Wolfgang, Godin Progression.
    Laney Ironheart 120w Head, Peavey 6505, Laney Ironheart 4x12.
    Too many pedals, mounted on an Ikea shelf.
    Laney Amplification and Warman Guitars endorsee.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Very cool.....I specifically refused to do these type of "pre-surgical forensic evaluations" in my private practice as my insuror contacted me to let me know that they would exclude any claim made for this type of service. By indicating that my practice included these procedures (circa 2007) I got a frantic telephone call from the insuror..... and the owner of that local branch made sure to get on the phone and tell me that my policy would have a rider that specically excluded any form of "surgical compliance or "psychological screening" for a medical procedure of any kind. I was told that when these procedures go south, the claimant sues EVERYONE involved...and they didn't want to be hit with the shotgun pellets of litigation.
    It's a cool field, if you can get the 3rd party coverage to protect you from frivilous lawsuits...especially since this patient population can be litigious.

    Oh...BTW...welcome to the forum, and welcome to the field. What graduate school are you attending??
    Actually I work around that little snag. I work for the bariatric surgeons and my job is simply to make the determination if the patient is psychologically sound to have the procedure done. I do not deal with insurance companies whatsoever. I am paid by the surgeon's office for the initial assessment and then it is the patient's responsibility to follow up with me. 90% of the patients will follow up with me of only to get a better idea of what they are going to be experiencing and for those sessions they will go under their insurance and it's billed as any other type of therapy with various diagnosis usually depression being the most prevalent. Also about that rider to your policy the reason they have that is because they (the insurance company) want you to have a BCBC-- Board Certified Bariatric Counselor certification and believe me it is not that difficult to obtain and there are VERY few people who even know about the certification much less have it (I am one of 3 in 100 mile radius of where I live here in Texas). As far as the population being litigious, that is part of the psychological evaluation it is my job to tell them whether or not they are psychologically sound for the surgery of course I have to be able to back my decision up with criteria and to be honest the insurance companies are the ones that establish the criteria individually. So if the patient wants to be litigious they have to deal with their insurance company 1st and foremost.

    As far as schooling
    I went to Our Lady of the Lake for my Undergrad
    Loyola University New Orleans (Right after Katrina) for my Masters
    and about to start my PhD at University of Texas in San Antonio

  12. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    Best of luck in your studies...I'm at the other end of the spectrum....f/t in the field since 1984, and hoping to retire in about 7 years. BTW....my insuror was very clear....no coverage, regardless of the certification or credentialing...they just didn't want to be bothered with lawsuits against physicians in which anyone who touched the medical record gets burned by the same lawsuit. To be honest...it was never really an issue..these days, I am f/t forensic evaluator of PTSD and related conditions for veterans on behalf of the VA, and with regard to the psychological sequale following accidents on behalf of other 3rd parties...ususally insuance companies. Gave up f/t private practice back in '07.....thank god! Gave up Ultra Rapid Opiate Detoxification at about the same time...quadruple thank god!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •