Page 28 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Private Stock Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    Never mind the pics, thanks for the memories of all those AM songs. We must be around the same age. "Gonna find my baby gonna hold her tight gonna grab some afternoon delight"--- Someone needs to remake that as a really rocking song.
    Someone did

Banned

Wow....if I hadn't had my PS headstock Eagle spec'ed out to be a "tri-color inlay match" to the various shades I am attempting to accomplish with my new build that is still in the embryonic stage of development....I'd be pricing out the cost of substituting the Dragon as shown above for the PS headstock Eagle.

Nice touch, and it makes the PS even more "unique".

A fellow forum member had bought a Westie Ltd. about 2 years or so ago. When I asked him how he liked it after it was delivered...he said (in all seriousness) "It's really nice...and the sea-horse inlay is kinda neat also".

I wasn't able to convince him that it was a l'il dragon...not a large seahorse.

Banned
    Question for Shawn....

Is this an example of the new "Boyd Burst"??? I've got a BRW 408 coming any day now....I bought the Boyd Burst purely on speculation based on the two examples I had seen in photographs. I am very curious to see how it will turn out, and was wondering if this is an example of it:

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    You're supposed to fill that space with your imagination Steve.
    Wha? You mean Carrie Russell's there?
    Sh*tter's full

First fret inlay! Americana Birds?
    Not like the other kids...

Someone did

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    What's up with that first one? Looks green with a red burst. That's new to me. I'd have to see more pictures to say yay or nay though.
    Maybe it's somebody's early christmas present, or a guitar made for Santa?

Baby I'ma want you

Baby I'ma need you

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Question for Shawn....

Is this an example of the new "Boyd Burst"??? I've got a BRW 408 coming any day now....I bought the Boyd Burst purely on speculation based on the two examples I had seen in photographs. I am very curious to see how it will turn out, and was wondering if this is an example of it:
    Boyd Burst front and back

Someone did

These pics make a person want to become a collector!

OK, Les, count to ten, then exhale slowly...
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

The photos don't always represent the color accurately. I'm just using an iphone with the available light, so please accept the limitations of my photography.
    You took a great photo. That guitar almost looks like it's been Photoshop filtered. Such an odd color. I am digging it.
    Plank Owner

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    Shawn, do you know the wood type for this guitar's top? That flame is among the best I've ever seen.

One Life

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    You took a great photo. That guitar almost looks like it's been Photoshop filtered. Such an odd color. I am digging it.
    With my phone, if I touch the screen to focus on one part of the scene, the photo turns very dark, but if I focus on a different part of the scene the photo looks very washed out. I try to find a happy medium, but it doesn't always work out.

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    Shawn, do you know the wood type for this guitar's top? That flame is among the best I've ever seen.

I'm not certain, but since this photo shows a production guitar, I'm going to say standard maple. Although, it does kind of look like European maple.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s Avatar
    I'm not certain, but since this photo shows a production guitar, I'm going to say standard maple. Although, it does kind of look like European maple.
    One Life

The photos don't always represent the color accurately. I'm just using an iphone with the available light, so please accept the limitations of my photography.
    Hey Shawn, I've been around photography for a long while. I can tell you, you're doing an excellent job, especially since your using an iphone. You probably know this, but rendering exact colors is very difficult with almost any cameras. That's why all pros photoshop every single shot they make, whatever the type of photography they do.

I kinda miss real film, especially for cinematography. But that's another story...

Cheers!
    "Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Hey Shawn, I've been around photography for a long while. I can tell you, you're doing an excellent job, especially since your using an iphone. You probably know this, but rendering exact colors is very difficult with almost any cameras. That's why all pros photoshop every single shot they make, whatever the type of photography they do.

I kinda miss real film, especially for cinematography. But that's another story...

Cheers!
    Thanks man. I do my best I just don't want anyone to think these are "professional" photos

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Judging by the size of that neck blank in the upper corner of the picture, this guitar must be ENORMOUS!!!

Goldtop Lloyd, who is just kidding...
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Thanks again Shawn. Your pictures make Fridays worth waiting for.

Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

I LOVE the inlaid truss rod cover with the maple veneer. Since my PS is going to have a rosewood neck, I don't need it. But man it looks good with maple!
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737