Page 28 of 262 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 5238

Thread: Private Stock Friday

  1. #541
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Baby I'ma want you



    Baby I'ma need you


    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Question for Shawn....

    Is this an example of the new "Boyd Burst"??? I've got a BRW 408 coming any day now....I bought the Boyd Burst purely on speculation based on the two examples I had seen in photographs. I am very curious to see how it will turn out, and was wondering if this is an example of it:
    Boyd Burst front and back

  2. #542
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Someone did



  3. #543
    These pics make a person want to become a collector!

    OK, Les, count to ten, then exhale slowly...
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  4. #544
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    The photos don't always represent the color accurately. I'm just using an iphone with the available light, so please accept the limitations of my photography.
    You took a great photo. That guitar almost looks like it's been Photoshop filtered. Such an odd color. I am digging it.
    Plank Owner

  5. #545
    Shawn, do you know the wood type for this guitar's top? That flame is among the best I've ever seen.

    One Life

  6. #546
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    You took a great photo. That guitar almost looks like it's been Photoshop filtered. Such an odd color. I am digging it.
    With my phone, if I touch the screen to focus on one part of the scene, the photo turns very dark, but if I focus on a different part of the scene the photo looks very washed out. I try to find a happy medium, but it doesn't always work out.

  7. #547
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! © View Post
    Shawn, do you know the wood type for this guitar's top? That flame is among the best I've ever seen.

    I'm not certain, but since this photo shows a production guitar, I'm going to say standard maple. Although, it does kind of look like European maple.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I'm not certain, but since this photo shows a production guitar, I'm going to say standard maple. Although, it does kind of look like European maple.
    One Life

  9. #549
    Senior Member Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    The photos don't always represent the color accurately. I'm just using an iphone with the available light, so please accept the limitations of my photography.
    Hey Shawn, I've been around photography for a long while. I can tell you, you're doing an excellent job, especially since your using an iphone. You probably know this, but rendering exact colors is very difficult with almost any cameras. That's why all pros photoshop every single shot they make, whatever the type of photography they do.

    I kinda miss real film, especially for cinematography. But that's another story...

    Cheers!
    "Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

  10. #550
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Hey Shawn, I've been around photography for a long while. I can tell you, you're doing an excellent job, especially since your using an iphone. You probably know this, but rendering exact colors is very difficult with almost any cameras. That's why all pros photoshop every single shot they make, whatever the type of photography they do.

    I kinda miss real film, especially for cinematography. But that's another story...

    Cheers!
    Thanks man. I do my best I just don't want anyone to think these are "professional" photos

  11. #551
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    4,383
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Judging by the size of that neck blank in the upper corner of the picture, this guitar must be ENORMOUS!!!

    Goldtop Lloyd, who is just kidding...
    'No... Look away... I'm hideous!' - Cosmo Kramer

  12. #552
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    4,383
    Thanks again Shawn. Your pictures make Fridays worth waiting for.

    Lloyd
    'No... Look away... I'm hideous!' - Cosmo Kramer

  13. #553
    Senior Member Brad737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    973
    I LOVE the inlaid truss rod cover with the maple veneer. Since my PS is going to have a rosewood neck, I don't need it. But man it looks good with maple!
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

    http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

  14. #554
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    I LOVE the inlaid truss rod cover with the maple veneer. Since my PS is going to have a rosewood neck, I don't need it. But man it looks good with maple!
    The way the TRC is flush with the surface of the headstock is uber stealthy.

  15. #555
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    The way the TRC is flush with the surface of the headstock is uber stealthy.
    Wow....I didn't even notice this feature until you just mentioned it. That is SO cool. How classy. Shawn...is this an option that we can have on "standard" private stocks?? If I wanted my current PS in "pre-production planning stage" to have the recessed TRC, is that something that can be done, or is it only selectively available??

  16. #556
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post



    First fret inlay! Americana Birds?
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Wow....I didn't even notice this feature until you just mentioned it. That is SO cool. How classy. Shawn...is this an option that we can have on "standard" private stocks?? If I wanted my current PS in "pre-production planning stage" to have the recessed TRC, is that something that can be done, or is it only selectively available??

    I don't know if there is a "standard private stock", but I believe this is an available option on all PS models

  17. #557
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907
    Monday Bonus pic


  18. #558
    That would be a killer desktop wallpaper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Monday Bonus pic

    One Life

  19. #559
    DGT Club Vice President
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Riding, VA
    Posts
    889
    Whoa! That's cool! If I were a Maryland native I'd jump all over that...Sic Semper Tyranus isn't as neat looking at the Maryland flag.
    __________________________________________

    mgd

    DGTs

  20. #560
    A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Texxas, USA
    Posts
    4,383
    When the Official PRS State Flags Limited Run comes along, PLEASE remember this Texan!!! P-L-E-A-S-E!!!

    If the State quarters were cool, just imagine the PRS take on it!

    Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs/PROUD TEXAN
    'No... Look away... I'm hideous!' - Cosmo Kramer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •