Thread: Your Signature Mod

Your Signature Mod

Okay, we've got the Markie Mod...

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    We've got the Hansomatic Mod...

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Click to enlarge.

Attachment 1233

And we've got the too-numerous-to-post Sergio Design On A Dimebag Mods...

So - what's your signature mod?
    Last edited by alantig; 01-29-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Mikey Mods- Volume(Bridge), Volume(Neck), Tone. Pull second volume to split the neck and pull tone to split the bridge. 5-way blade with Artist V switching. 3 pots positioned like a DGT, 5-way blade positioned like a 305.

So good... The VY one is just amazingly chic.

The original Hans Mod was named while I was spec'ing my 1st PS. It involves carving the sharp edge of the body off where it rubs your forearm. Markie has a few PS guitars with an extremely subtle version of the Hans Mod. The Hansomatic Bridge Mod, as seen above, just follows the tradition of removing the pointy, pokey, and sharp edges from the guitar. In fact, I often file the nut on the outside of the high-E string.
    One Life

So we've got the Hans Mod, the Hans Mod II and the Hans Mod III? Prolific, aintcha?
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Did someone say, 'Mod?'

If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    So we've got the Hans Mod, the Hans Mod II and the Hans Mod III? Prolific, aintcha?
    No, no, no... there's the Hans Mod, the Hansomatic Bridge Mod, and the nut mod by a retired PRS Forum Mod.
    One Life

No, no, no... there's the Hans Mod, the Hansomatic Bridge Mod, and the nut mod by a retired PRS Forum Mod.
    What about this one????

PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

I'd like to say additional narrow 408 (e.g. in a PG) but I haven't really done it... yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Whitey View Post
    What about this one????

That looks like a shirt mod, not a nut mod.
    Alan

So there's a fourth - the Mod Mod.
    Alan

Someone needs to mod his spare tire.
    One Life

Someone needs to mod his spare tire.
    Getting bigger by the day...

Wait, that's not what I was looking for...
    Alan

I de-mod my custom 22 soapbar right now.Set it up with factory specs but i will keep the tremol-no.Reason is im going to trade it in for another PRS guitar.I have come to the conclusion i need a humbucker guitar or humbuckerish guitar(yes i want to check out a black NF3).NF3,studio.dgt or an old custom 22 with dragon 2s is what i will check out.Fixing and trixin has taught be alot about PRS guitars and how thought out everything on the guitar is.Im even willing to say brassblock is best for PRS guitars .Next PRS guitar i will leave as it is and just play the s**t out of it .I have to say though my mod with tremolo screwed down to body and blocked really make a difference.It does add tension on the strings though.And the original John Mann tremolo sounds the best to my ears,yes even better than my steelblock tremolo .I will post a pic of my new guitar.Hunt has started .Yay!
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

I yank the tone knob on almost all my double cut PRSi in favor of a volume for each pickup. Only the neck pickup taps. Still trying to figure out if I can do this on a P-22.

I've got two...First, FOUR P-90's...c'mon, you know they'll fit!!! (and with every possible combination)... and...wait for it...duller G strings...unwound, of course. (NOT duller sounding) I know the PTC could come up with something to stop them $%^&$^&'s from poking up under my fingernails...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill SAS 513 View Post
    ...wait for it...duller G strings...unwound, of course. (NOT duller sounding) I know the PTC could come up with something to stop them $%^&$^&'s from poking up under my fingernails...
    Bill, you've got to start pulling the G string down from the top. There's more fabric there, and it's easier to get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill SAS 513 View Post
    I've got two...First, FOUR P-90's...c'mon, you know they'll fit!!! (and with every possible combination)... and...wait for it...duller G strings...unwound, of course. (NOT duller sounding) I know the PTC could come up with something to stop them $%^&$^&'s from poking up under my fingernails...
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Bill, you've got to start pulling the G string down from the top. There's more fabric there, and it's easier to get a grip.
    Seriously - just hook your thumbs under there. No worry about the fingernails then. Plus, she'll love watching you do it that way, and maybe she'll take hers off the same way!
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Seriously - just hook your thumbs under there. No worry about the fingernails then. Plus, she'll love watching you do it that way, and maybe she'll take hers off the same way!
    He!! Yes...or I could just grab 'em using the dollar bills in 'em so they don't stick me!? Right, like I'd get dollar bills...he he he