Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Thoughts On A Trade....McCarty For Ce22

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    Talking about GAS and trades... Just saw your ex-McCarty pop up for sale online. I still think you made a good deal considering the condition and how much you seem to like it.

You should treat it as a keeper for a while
    Yeah, the guy I swapped with was a drummer..the story on this guitar is I got this last year thru a few trades, traded to him for a Wolfgang..and then he put it underneath his bed. After I got the McCarty I realized it wasn't for me (I've had several McCartys that I really liked, but not this one!) so I emailed him (because of my GAS, I keep all emails on trades!) and asked if he wanted to trade...I basically I told him he'd probably get a bit more out of the McCarty so we swapped. I got back a guitar that I had liked which is more inline with my style, lost a bit on value..but gained a lot in need. I really wanted a Swiss army guitar..something I could get a strat/tele tone and something I could get a good rock tone on..and I like e Dragons a. It more when coil tapped than the McCartys.

The DII neck pup sounds great when split, so says me.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    The DII neck pup sounds great when split, so says me.
    Agreed!

Wow, that's beautiful! I generally like the less figured tops on the CEs more than what you'd find on a Custom. That one is perfect! The color is fantastic too.

I also like D2 neck pickups. It was the 1st neck humbucker I ever liked.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Wow, that's beautiful! I generally like the less figured tops on the CEs more than what you'd find on a Custom. That one is perfect! The color is fantastic too.

I also like D2 neck pickups. It was the 1st neck humbucker I ever liked.
    Thanks man...I have played a ton over the last few days..this guitar for its age...feels unplayed. Needs to be broken like a wild horse!

I think you made the right trade. That's a really sweet CE!