Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Cell Phone

Goldtop, My father (74) switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone 4s several months ago and seems happy with it.

Have an iPhone 4S. Like it a lot. For guitar players, JamUp Pro is the best app for playing guitar. I'm not sure any apps on the droid platform have anything that works well for playing? I've read battling latency is the biggest issue.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    I like you, but I think every single sentence of that post is inaccurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    I'm with James on this - I'm not sure how you reach your conclusions because your generalizations are baseless....
    +3

Any complex system has issues. In my day job I deal with both platforms... Both have issues.

I have gone Apple for everything at home - just easier for my family to use - I don't have to provide tech support at home - in my experiance, it just works....

IPhone 5, 4s and 4 all in the family at the moment. My wife was a DIE HARD Blackberry user. I made her a deal - Since ATT has a 30 day return policy, Use the Iphone for a week - if you don't like it, we'll return it and get you whatever you want.... 3 days in she told me "You were right" - Words a Husband rarely hears!

Guitar Toolkit is an AWSOME app too!
    Last edited by Rango; 12-11-2012 at 01:08 PM.

I like you, but I think every single sentence of that post is inaccurate.
    Lol. No worries. Just my opinion.

I do tend to look at computers from a business point of view. My Apple products work fine for home use (although I have had issues with each device i.e. batteries, lockups, crashing, wireless issues on ipad, another ipad that died after 4 months use and it never left the house) but at work, they are a nightmare. I have supported them for a long time. I'm not getting into a flame war over it, and lengthy posts of example after example, this is a guitar forum. Not a Apple vs the world forum.

So my opinion is simply, there are other good phones besides Apple. However, there is no denying the sheer amount of apps on the IOS. Staggering.

Well said, we're all friends here.... Cool that we can have a discussion

Not to change the subject, but I just got an Apogee Jam adaptor for garageband on my macbook. Very cool little device!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Not to change the subject, but I just got an Apogee Jam adaptor for garageband on my macbook. Very cool little device!
    I'll join you in derailing the topic!

I got a irig stomp to play with. Effect wise amplitude is nothing special, its not exactly sudio quality although much better then the original irig, but it does have a nice 8 track recorder/looper that will record for what seems to be forvever. I'm assuming it'll record until I run out of space. I have my home Mustang III conncted to it so I can use the effects on the Mustang or Amplitude and record/loop. Or just a quick headphone setup for on the couch. For $50, its already paid for itself. Keep in mind though that amplitude is another few $$$ too.

I'm still learning garageband. I love the idea of a small setup for just messing around.

Quote Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
    I'll join you in derailing the topic!

I got a irig stomp to play with. Effect wise amplitude is nothing special, its not exactly sudio quality although much better then the original irig, but it does have a nice 8 track recorder/looper that will record for what seems to be forvever. I'm assuming it'll record until I run out of space. I have my home Mustang III conncted to it so I can use the effects on the Mustang or Amplitude and record/loop. Or just a quick headphone setup for on the couch. For $50, its already paid for itself. Keep in mind though that amplitude is another few $$$ too.

I'm still learning garageband. I love the idea of a small setup for just messing around.
    This is what I was wondering. Maybe I should just start a new thread. Just wondering what are some of the better guitar apps for Iphone or Ipad.
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    Guitar Toolkit is an AWSOME app too!
    The tuner in GuitarToolkit is awsome - I actually like it better than the 2 Korg rack mount tuners I have...
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Thanks very much everybody. I've passed along what I've seen here, plus I've also told him to stop in and take a look himself. He's not a guitar guy, but he is into music, so maybe he'll like what he sees and join us.

Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Using an iPhone 4S. Love it. I'm a geek, but it just frigging works.

Have gone primarily Apple at home, and I'll say this - iTunes on the Mac is a different animal than iTunes on Windows.

somewhat on topic: can we talk about ringtones? vibrate is the only option. you might not know that because no one felt bold enough to tell you, but...please...vibrate.
    Aw, hell no! I love doing my ringtones! It's to the point that something will come on TV and my wife will just look at me. My tone for her is from J. Geils' "No Anchovies, Please". Hers for me is Stephen Colbert saying "There is no god but Alan". I've also given her a couple from Family Guy and The Cleveland Show - "I like fat guys..." and "I thought I'd have to fall a lot farther before I became a fat man's toy."
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Used to be a Nokia guy, then I got my first iPhone. Loving it
    My favorite apps are Tc Electronic PolyTune and Tone Print (is a life saver when you are gigging) and the Ampli Tube
    here is a picture of my set when I am practicing in the road: Apogee Jam, iPhone, guitar and the Jawbone's Jam box.

IMG_0082 por aduayer, no Flickr