Thread: Questions about Custom 24

Hybrid View

Questions about Custom 24

Hello everyone, I've been playing guitar for 20 years and I've played just about every brand out there. I am in a cover band that does songs from 50s Rock and Roll to 80s and contemporary rock. Everything from clean, funky, blues, to heavy rock. I love the aesthetics of the Custom 24 but want to make sure it's the right guitar for my needs. The unfortunate thing is that I have not been able to find a store that carries it for me to try before I fork over almost three grand! I particularly like the idea of a thin-wide neck as the 2012 model is described.

Any thoughts or comments that would convince me I'm making the right decision if I purchase this guitar will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

I can only say try before you buy, especially if buying new. You'll lose a ton of cash if you flip it rightaway.

If you really can't get to play one before buying, buy a used model first. That way you won't be too much out of pocket if you don't bond with it.

I honestly believe my Cu24 does everything you describe. If I could only keep one electric, it's the one I'd keep.

If you are buying new, I would suggest taking a look at the Studio, 513, and 408 (I WANT). I think you get a little ore versatility and very usable single coil sounds. Good luck!
    Last edited by Egads; 12-13-2012 at 10:35 AM.