Blade vs Rotary Selector
I have a number of CU24s, of which one has a rotary PUP selector. The single coil sounds in P7/8 in particular are outstanding. I have a CU24 LTD with a blade switch wired differently, and less "usable" for what I want to do in the single coil settings. Less punch and clarity, and thinner sounding through my rigs
From the PRS website:
• Position 10: Treble pickup
• Position 9: Outside coils- deep and clear - parallel
• Position 8: Series single coils – Warm version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
• Position 7: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
• Position 6: Bass pickup
• Position 1: Bridge humbucker
• Position 2: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
• Position 3: Bridge and neck humbuckers
• Position 4: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
• Position 5: Neck humbucker
Has anyone modded their blade wiring to produce the rotary configurations? Results? Any schematics available? If I was based in the US, no doubt the boys at PCT could sort it in a heartbeat, but I need to rely on others in the UK to do the work, and would welcome guidance before letting them near my guitars