Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRS Gig bags...

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar

PRS Gig bags...

...are super awesome! (I use one at least twice a week for four years and it's still almost like new)

Who's with me?
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Never used mine, and I have four of them.
    I put them in the closet when I bring the new SE home, then the guitars go into the PRS Multifit cases.

The SE gig bags do look heavy duty though.

+10
    Specifically, the PRS gigbags are the best I've encountered. Period. I use mine every week.

Another compelling option is by a company called Mono that also makes a dual guitar bag. Anyone used any of their products?

The bag that came with my SE Soapbar II is super nice. It's a great value-add.
    --Garrett--

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    +10
    Specifically, the PRS gigbags are the best I've encountered. Period. I use mine every week.

Another compelling option is by a company called Mono that also makes a dual guitar bag. Anyone used any of their products?
    Wow, the dual bag is killer, never heard of it...
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

I just picked up a Mono single bag. It's still new but I like it, a big upgrade from my old bag.
    The guitar is held secure with the neck brace. The bag is soft and well padded inside but tough outside.
    It has a good amount of storage that is part of the bag, not an external bag that will eventually break off.
    You can add storage also by strapping on extra bags to the external D rings.
    http://www.monocase.com/mono-M80-tick.asp

What are the PRS store gig bags lined with?

The PRS gig bags are amazing - I'm blown away at how well they are constructed. I am even more amazed that these gig bags come with all the SE guitars. Just like how USA guitars come with a beautiful hardshell case, everyone is amazed that the SEs come with a nice gig bag. Thats usually not the case and an extra cost to people after they buy a guitar.

The SE acoustic case is the best acoustic case I've ever used period. Its a hardshell case that is light weight, but super durable with one of the most comfortable handles ever. And also being a sucker for black, I love the look of the black case with the black embroidered SE logo on it - they really knocked it out of the park on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    What are the PRS store gig bags lined with?
    With being as vague and untechnical as possible its a thick, tough textured nylon exterior, with a thick fluffy yet sturdy middle layer and an almost microfiber interior lining.
    Last edited by themike; 12-13-2012 at 08:15 AM.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

I have an older PRS SE gigbag that is ripping at the junction of the backpack arm loops at the top - I'll try to get pics....
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    I think the SE gig bags are great. Not 100% sold on the colour of the current ones though. I had a Soapbar maple II few years back and i'm sure that was a bluey green colour or is it my imagination? Very good quality though.

I've got another great one - equally as good as the SE ones - but it wasn't cheap! The Fender one I got with my Strat is pretty good but not as padded as the SE ones.

Still, it would take some doing to beat the bag I was given for my woeful Dean bass which was a bin bag! I think it was put in that to spare my blushes rather than protect the bass!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

I work offshore in the oil business,and through rough boat rides helicopter flights,and extreme enviornments and my PRS gig bag for my Bernie has held up extremely well.. I have put bubblewrap in there but as far as keeping moisture and crap out, I couldnt be happier. I have a case on order.

I own four Mono bags (acoustic, archtop and two electric guitar sizes). I absolutely love them. They all get beat up pretty good and show minimal wear. I have actually purposely dropped one of my guitars while inside one of these bags and it was protected all the way. They are also waterproof, which I thought was kind of gimmicky until I had to walk to a gig in the rain!

I have never tried a PRS bag, but I doubt it would be better/more durable than a Mono case. If you gig around town I see nothing better. The new Vertigo cases are even slimmer, perfect for overhead bins!

I have two, I thought they were so nice I didn't include the first one I got in the trade for my second SE with a gig bag. Lot's of cool little touches, my favorite is the chained coat hanger, it's perfect for hanging it in the first-class closet on a plane. (while I go sit in coach)

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I have two, I thought they were so nice I didn't include the first one I got in the trade for my second SE with a gig bag. Lot's of cool little touches, my favorite is the chained coat hanger, it's perfect for hanging it in the first-class closet on a plane. (while I go sit in coach)
    Sergio- Is that Paul Stanley in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Close. Cher.

Gig Bag discontinued? Wouldn't a Paisley one be nice?

I love my PRS gig bag. Plus I can hang it in a closet...
    - Dane

He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.

+1
    Great design, comfort and quality
    Quote Originally Posted by Albrecht Smuten View Post
    ...are super awesome! (I use one at least twice a week for four years and it's still almost like new)

Who's with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Sure, if he sang "Careless Whispers...in a public restroom"
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

Quote Originally Posted by barryc View Post
    Gig Bag discontinued? Wouldn't a Paisley one be nice?
    Not discontinued, just currently out of stock.