Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What were/are Artist tweaks?

  1. #1
    Member CE-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    186

    Question What were/are Artist tweaks?

    The PTC used to mention "Artist tweaks" when setting up a guitar, what are/were Artist tweaks?

  2. #2
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,429
    The Artist Tweaks are some of the small improvements that Paul has made to our instruments over the years. If you have a guitar built in 2008 or later, the Artist tweaks have pretty much been built into the guitar, but an older guitar can certainly be improved upon with the tweaks.

    Unplated grooves in saddles or unplated stoptail bridge, unplated intonation screws, unplated tuner shafts and a couple other secret things I cannot divulge without getting on the wrong side of the big man.

  3. #3
    I think for certain a new nut made of the material they go with now is for sure one of them. But, don't take that as gospel, but I would bet on it.

  4. #4
    Member CE-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    The Artist Tweaks are some of the small improvements that Paul has made to our instruments over the years. If you have a guitar built in 2008 or later, the Artist tweaks have pretty much been built into the guitar, but an older guitar can certainly be improved upon with the tweaks.

    Unplated grooves in saddles or unplated stoptail bridge, unplated intonation screws, unplated tuner shafts and a couple other secret things I cannot divulge without getting on the wrong side of the big man.
    So we don't get to know what exactly is in the secret sauce.....hmmmm??? Thanks for letting us in on what you can.

  5. #5
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    If you have a guitar built in 2008 or later, the Artist tweaks have pretty much been built into the guitar, but an older guitar can certainly be improved upon with the tweaks.
    I know you're the expert, but are you sure about that? I have a couple on both sides of that date line, and I sound just as bad on the newer guitars as the old! Maybe you left out the talent tweak?
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    I know you're the expert, but are you sure about that? I have a couple on both sides of that date line, and I sound just as bad on the newer guitars as the old! Maybe you left out the talent tweak?
    You gotta get that pedal that used to be Harker's former Avatar (wish I still had a picture, but now some other guy on VR is using it)....you know...the Boss "Talent Simulator".

  7. #7
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    You gotta get that pedal that used to be Harker's former Avatar (wish I still had a picture, but now some other guy on VR is using it)....you know...the Boss "Talent Simulator".
    Tried it. Had to return it. Not my choice - the company demanded it back after hearing clips.
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  8. #8
    Member CE-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    186

    Smile

    Some more specialized pedals.......

  9. #9
    Senior Member Brad737's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    538
    Where's the "Like" button?


    Quote Originally Posted by CE-man View Post
    Some more specialized pedals.......
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

    http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •