Thread: Future of the Modern Eagle?

Future of the Modern Eagle?

With all the excitement over the NOS Modern Eagles, I was thinking about what the future for that model of guitar would be. Since a lot of its uniqueness can be replicated now with the Artist Package program (rosewood neck, fancy birds, artist top) what do you guys think the possible specs of a Modern Eagle V would be to make is stand out?

My best guess is pretty much a version of the Signature Limited from last year, reborn as the Modern Eagle V, maybe with a few tweaks. You thoughts?
    My PRS: '03 McCarty Tobacco Sunburst w/ Lollar Imperials

My music blog: http://www.theheavyduty.com

I'd love to see a return to basics. Old---non-outlined---birds and headstock inlay, no binding. Well selected *dark* IRW necks and boards. (Sorry, not a fan of hues or figuring in Dalbergia)...simple color schemes, GLOSSY versions of some of the original colors, emerald, abalone, etc. Mixed hardware and 59/09's. Yep, that's really about all I could ask for!

Quote Originally Posted by hoofarted View Post
    I'd love to see a return to basics. Old---non-outlined---birds and headstock inlay, no binding. Well selected *dark* IRW necks and boards. (Sorry, not a fan of hues or figuring in Dalbergia)...simple color schemes, GLOSSY versions of some of the original colors, emerald, abalone, etc. Mixed hardware and 59/09's. Yep, that's really about all I could ask for!

I'll take the same thing with 53/10s.
    BDR-529

And now, for my next trick, I shall predict the future of my SCT Moderne Eagle.

[looks in to crystal ball]

Answer: It shall remain in my possession, regardless of increase/decrease in value. And... it shall be played like I stole it.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post

Answer: It shall remain in my possession, regardless of increase/decrease in value. And... it shall be played like I stole it.
    Does that mean you will be running when you play it?
    or hiding in a dark alley?
    or just wearing a great big foolish grin?

Mine really is a true NOS and I shall play and gig it with vigour and share the awesomeness that is the Modern Eagle! Whether or not I devalue it is not relevant ... it's a guitar and needs to be played so that's what I'll do.

I would like to see the original ME - same satin nitro finish, birds etc - but with IRW and 408 pickups.

I'd buy that for a dollar...

I think a Single Cut ME should be back. Love that guitar. Not the pick up switch position, anyway. But I'd like to see a Pernambuco neck and BRW board guitar. maybe my Private Stock...LOL (keep on dreaming, dude)

Quatro with 24 frets would suit me fine.

I'm thinking 24 frets ,Sig Limited switching system , Crackwood and Stoptail. I know its not too differant but its christmas and its on my list
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

I think it's time for a ME245.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737