Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your guilty pleasure? - If it's safe to post!

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Vince Gill is a monster guitar player, an amazing songwriter, and one of the most talented singers (especially for his range) on the planet. Anyone who knocks that guy has their head firmly up their ass. And I say these things even though he's not "my dear friend".
    Vince IS 'da man. I saw Robben Ford here in Nashville at a small theater & he had Vince & Brad Paisley sit in on a few songs. Great show. If a bomb had gone off in that room, there would've been no Nashville pickers left. The entire room was filled with legendary guitar slingers.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRM_777 View Post
    I'll stab my own face off before I willingly listen to any music on the radio here in the UK.

I however, can not get enough of Die Antwoord.

***VIEWER DISCRETION IS MOST DEFINITELY ADVISED!!!***NSFW***

I'm from Cape Town, knew them before they became Die Antwoord. Not a big fan of the music, but it's great to see some local people doing well overseas.
    PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Mike Mustok Baritone Brown Burst to come later.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    This could easily have gone into the 80's thread that Hans created, but I love this tune!

Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Vince Gill is a monster guitar player, an amazing songwriter, and one of the most talented singers (especially for his range) on the planet. Anyone who knocks that guy has their head firmly up their ass.
    + a brazilian. He is a total BA talent.
    Sh*tter's full

Hanging out in Muncie. Generally gets me in trouble.
    Sh*tter's full

Musically, I have 2. First, I love Symphony music, especially the stuff for violin. The other one is my PRS. I dont need a guitar as good as my CU24 but now that I have it, I cant see ever getting rid of it except for maybe another PRS.

I'm mostly known for being a Classic Rock/Blues purist, but also very into RnB (Motown). I have to say my guilty pleasure is modern country (not so much the poppy stuff though). It's very much like classic rock guitar-wise... I also really dig the Nashville scene and players there. I also love to go there - my favorite vacation spot. It's where I also picked up my holy grail amp, an old 5E3 at the Platinum Room at the Guitar Center there.

A musician I like teamed up with another guy and made an 80's throwback album last year. The first time I heard it, I was practically offended (Beavis and Butthead face). It eventually grew on me. I probably listened to it 50 times last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    This could easily have gone into the 80's thread that Hans created, but I love this tune!

+1,000,000,000

Did you know George wrote this tune when he was only 17!?

Quote Originally Posted by thieves&foxes View Post
    I'm from Cape Town, knew them before they became Die Antwoord. Not a big fan of the music, but it's great to see some local people doing well overseas.
    Really? Thats pretty cool! The music is definitely an acquired taste and very different from 99% of what I generally listen to. It's just the right side of catchy mixed with a healthy dose of weird!
    Laugh, Love, Live, Learn - Devin Townsend

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    I guess I'm not making it any better, but I have to correct myself. It wasn't "National Anthem". It was "Ride". Love the chorus. Ahem.
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

My death row food:

Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    If you've never seen Katy Perry's SXSW show from before the first album hits, it's well worth tracking down. Before the image was in place and took over. I still have this on my DVR (possibly a different performance - I got it on DirecTV), and it made the album a bit of a disappointment.

Well, here...

-Sounds like an Alanis Morissette knockoff to me..
    From the People's Republic of Maryland (One beer away from the West Street Shop)

GO NATS!

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Vince Gill........And I say these things even though he's not "my dear friend".
    bahahahahaha!!!!!! VeRy funny...

Despite being a metalhead, as well as a classical and jazz fan, I listen to some music from a rapper named Lil B (also known as Based God), if that counts.

OK this falls both under guilty pleasures and something that irritates me...

I love playing through Mesa Rectifiers...I don't understand why they have fallen off in popularity...other than Mesa's success...and the general tendency to reject that which has reached a certain level of accomplishment....nor do I understand why people have such a hard time dialing in good sounds...read the manual and figure out how to use the tool I say before b*tching and complaining!!!! Oh and use the tool for the purpose it was designed...these are professional grade amplifiers! If it doesn't sound right at whisper quiet volumes...well maybe it wasnt designed for that? I play in a blues rock oriented band and think they sound great! It's not like I don't have other amps at my disposal. You can play any genre of guitar oriented music through them...they have multiple modes one can use...their EQ is great if you spend time with it...Not everything played through them requires you to switch on the red channel modern mode with the gain, treble, bass, and presence knobs maxed while reducing the mid control to zero....actually I can't think of any style of music that this would sound good with these settings although they appear to be prevalent on most of the amps I see on the sales floor in big music chain stores...if you want to expand on the huge amount of sounds already found in the amp you can use an eq in the loop...eq in front...eq wherever it might suit you...you can play it boosted or unboosted...really I just don't get why others don't like them...but then again all I really care about is that I can dial mine in to sound great!!!

...ok I'm done now (at least for the time being).
    Last edited by Dirty Bob; 01-03-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    -Bob

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    OK this falls both under guilty pleasures and something that irritates me...

I love playing through Mesa Rectifiers...I don't understand why they have fallen off in popularity...other than Mesa's success...and the general tendency to reject that which has reached a certain level of accomplishment....nor do I understand why people have such a hard time dialing in good sounds...read the manual and figure out how to use the tool I say before b*tching and complaining!!!! Oh and use the tool for the purpose it was designed...these are professional grade amplifiers! If it doesn't sound right at whisper quiet volumes...well maybe it wasnt designed for that? I play in a blues rock oriented band and think they sound great! It's not like I don't have other amps at my disposal. You can play any genre of guitar oriented music through them...they have multiple modes one can use...their EQ is great if you spend time with it...Not everything played through them requires you to switch on the red channel modern mode with the gain, treble, bass, and presence knobs maxed while reducing the mid control to zero....actually I can't think of any style of music that this would sound good with these settings although they appear to be prevalent on most of the amps I see on the sales floor in big music chain stores...if you want to expand on the huge amount of sounds already found in the amp you can use an eq in the loop...eq in front...eq wherever it might suit you...you can play it boosted or unboosted...really I just don't get why others don't like them...but then again all I really care about is that I can dial mine in to sound great!!!

...ok I'm done now (at least for the time being).
    It's just a hipster approach. Rectifier went mainstream
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.