Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing A Signature..

I'd just leave it alone. It's part of the history of the instrument. And you know Paul himself wrote "TO JOHN" on it, so that must make it super awesome, right? Plus there's that squiggle under the name that goes through the P and R so it might look a bit weird if you take the name off. And then there's always a chance that you slip and eff up Paul's sig...
    --Garrett--

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    Naptha...
    Bless you.
    One Life

Guitar Geezer
    Nail polish remover IS acetone!! Maybe a call to PRS would be best.
    Jim
    PRS HBS
    PRS McCarty Soapbar Standard
    PRS SE EG 'Snowy'

You could just sharpie the words out, at least then you can reverse it if the need ever arises

Well, I'm still trying to figure out the amount that it bothers me. How much do I really care that there is a signature on there? And how much do I really care that it says To JOHN? I honestly don't know. I had a guitar that had his signature on the back plate, it did nothing for value or anything, but it was cool! I think Garrett has it right, its kinda all or nothing.

Question about the PTC..would they remove ALL the paint from the back of the neck and give it a wood finish? Nice and silky smooth? What would something like that cost?
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Just thought of something else too..what if I try to remove it and it doesn't quite get it off..leaving like a gold shadow..that would look terrible!
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Quote Originally Posted by slang05 View Post
    LOL, you going to send a guitar back?
    Yeah! I've got a 2nd gen Santana SE or a Tremonti SE I'll gladly send for a Custom 22. Neither one says To John anywhere.

I couldn't send my CU22 because the back plate is signed the same way, "To John" with Paul's signature.

So, if anything you should just help me get a collection of "To John" Custom 22s together.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Send it to PTC. Have them strip the back of the peg head,refinish it and have Paul sign it for you!! YAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use lighter fluid aka Naptha a little @ a time and elbow grease !
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    He proved himself otherwise and we should leave it at that, publicly...
    Didnt know this either...gotcha.
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bluefade View Post
    Send it to PTC. Have them strip the back of the peg head,refinish it and have Paul sign it for you!! YAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wonder how much?