Thread: PRS 2 channel "H" new vs old

Question PRS 2 channel "H" new vs old

Hi Everyone,

Is there a difference between the 2010 and 2012 versions of the 2 channel "H" other than the figured maple fronts? I haven't been able to find anything on the net.

Thanks.

Well, I think they are difference. First of all, the new ones seems to have less noise and the clean channel breaks up a little latter, I mean, you have more headroom on the gain control. So far, it's all I can see. To me, they look and sound better

Yes Doug has made a few mods over the years since the 2C H was released. Check in with the PTC they can tell you what was changed and how much it will cost to have yours brought up to new specs...
    ZebraPRS
    Guitars: 1989 PRS Custom; 1995 PRS Custom (24); 20?? PRS Custom 24 Custom Zebra Stripes, 2009 25th McCarty NF, 2014 Brushstroke 24, 2013 PRS HBII,
    Amps: PRS Original Sewell 50 watt #43 with Paisley 2x12 cab; PRS Pre-Prod 2 Channel C with 2x12 DB Cabinet, PRS Custom 10 watt head

Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    I had mine updated to the latest revision. I would suggest you send yours in for the update.