What's up everyone? I'm new to PRS guitars and to the forum. I recently aquired 2 CE-24's, one being a 1996 model, and the other a 2002 model that had been modded with Johnny Hiland PRS pickups, Kluson Locking Tunners, and a 3 way toggle / coil tap (my favorite of the two). Anyway, these two guitars have made me a PRS enthusiest, and one thing I keep seeing is the difference in the finishes... where can i find info on when the nitro finish was (is?) used and on what models?
408 Sig Club President
Nitro hasn't been used that often, but from what I can remember it has been used on:
* the original Modern Eagle, including the recent NOS models that were sold
* the satin finish series of a few years ago (Singlecut, Standard 24, Standard 22)
* the early DGTs, until the V12 finish was introduced in late 2010
* the Signature Limited run by Private Stock
* Private Stocks, if specified that way
nitro was used on SAS, CE and CU22 Soapbar necks also, but not the bodies...
Ted 245 DC and SC's have a nitro finish.
ME 2 and ME III were also nitro - the 2 was gloss, the III was satin. They switched the ME to V12 with the Quatro.