Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The reason why I am jealous of the West Coast forum members today....

Banned

The reason why I am jealous of the West Coast forum members today....

I guess I'm jealous of those living in the South as well.

Here is why I am home at 2 PM on a Saturday....

Even this guy wasn't thrilled...and he's as "cold weather" as they come:

What's the prevailing weather in your locations??? Gotta be better than New Jersey.

Hey, Bennett, that's a great little outhouse off your deck.

Ya gotta admire people in places where they've heard about indoor plumbing, but still adhere tenaciously to the tradition of using a sweet outdoor facility!

It's something we Michissippians truly admire about New Jersey; even though we have indoor plumbing here, we respect traditions that died before we were born.

That's what we'd be looking like here in North Georgia, but the temp has been hanging around 40 for the last 24 hours so it's just gray and wet instead. I'd rather have the snow. We have a big back yard, a five-year-old, and a dog. That would be plenty of fun!
    --Garrett--

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Hey, Bennett, that's a great little outhouse off your deck.

Ya gotta admire people in places where they've heard about indoor plumbing, but still adhere tenaciously to the tradition of using a sweet outdoor facility!

It's something we Michissippians truly admire about New Jersey; even though we have indoor plumbing here, we respect traditions that died before we were born.
    We use that one first...if it requires service, here is our backup...

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post

Is that a Le Penseur statue at the far right of this picture, or did Ginger catch you crying in the snow again?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ummmm Doc does Paul know you snatched the Eagle from the Lobby?

I guess I'm jealous of those living in the South as well.

Here is why I am home at 2 PM on a Saturday....

What's the prevailing weather in your locations??? Gotta be better than New Jersey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Is that a Le Penseur statue at the far right of this picture, or did Ginger catch you crying in the snow again?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I come from Brooklyn, so we don't use the international "Le Pensuer" We are much more comfortable referring to that sculpture as "De Tinka".

While I must admit that Ginger has caught me crying in the snow many times, she usually refrains from photographing it. That is actually a bear, climbing up a rock formation...when not covered or obscured by snow.

If you look carefully, as your view takes you out towards the street, you will also see a gorgeous and accurate sculpture of a fire hydrant. I believe we also commissioned the lamp post sculpture to the viewer's left, as well as the cable box to its right.

Along with the eagle, some very nice examples of chain saw sculpture.
    Last edited by docbennett; 12-29-2012 at 03:46 PM.

doc...we had a blast today in the snow...took the kids on a toboggan and sleds....drinking a nice chianti...have a fire in the fireplace and blasted the hell out of a custom 22 through a Mesa Recto....good day being snowed in for me!
    -Bob

How many times to you see this???? I't's 34 and snowing in Alabama! I moved down here to get away from this white stuff!
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

We got hammered in WI the week of Christmas. My city got 18 inches in a little over 24 hours, so I can sympathize with docbennett

Our first snow fall this year was 13 inches....followed by 3 more....followed by 8 more this past week. I wouldn't mind NJ right now...
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    doc...we had a blast today in the snow...took the kids on a toboggan and sleds....drinking a nice chianti...
    My parents started me drinking young too!

We got some snow too. I love it, especially since I didn't have to go anywhere today.

Also, my dog Chloe couldn't get enough of the white stuff, absolutely has a ball in it, her first time really, not quite a year old black lab.

Also my first post here

That snow is the reason I like living in the north.

Quote Originally Posted by IRG View Post
    We got some snow too. I love it, especially since I didn't have to go anywhere today.

Also, my dog Chloe couldn't get enough of the white stuff, absolutely has a ball in it, her first time really, not quite a year old black lab.

Also my first post here
    NICE!!! Another guy from upstate!! Whats up!!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    NICE!!! Another guy from upstate!! Whats up!!!
    Hi Michael, I'm in Ithaca btw. I bet you have a lot of snow too. We haven't had much in the last couple of years, sort of nice to see it now. By next month I'll be sick of it though.

Banned
    That is actually a bear, climbing up a rock formation...when not covered or obscured by snow.

BTW....Wayne was a lot happier by the evening walk...

"This tree looks interesting"

"Can we please stay out?"

And of course the...

"I am pretending that I can't hear you so that you will forget to bring me back home and let me stay outside" schtick.

Ah, now I see the bear. Sorry for the snow guys, I have been lucky so far, nothing has really stuck here in Chicagoland.

55F and sunny over here. I am not even sorry

After our blizzard and 11"+ on Wednesday, our dog wants out so bad she won't shut up. The squirrels are waiting for her so they can dump snow onto her from the limbs above. Ah, the synergy of nature...they think they're torturing her, and she's entertained for hours.