Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Year's Eve

Out to dinner at 7PM with same friends for about 30 years. Then back to his house with three couples to play Apples to Apples until the ball drops. Very little drinking ...
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

Quote Originally Posted by wilerty View Post
    Out to dinner at 7PM with same friends for about 30 years. Then back to his house with three couples to play Apples to Apples until the ball drops. Very little drinking ...
    If you like Apples to Apples Bill I suggest you check out Cards Against Humanity. Just recently got a set and am still in pain from laughing.

(Sick humor warning, obviously | http://www.cardsagainsthumanity.com/ )
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    If you like Apples to Apples Bill I suggest you check out Cards Against Humanity. Just recently got a set and am still in pain from laughing.

Played this last year at thanksgiving, my ladies 80 year old grandmother kept getting the raunchiest cards! Good times.

Sitting at home with the wife and kids....probably wait for them all to fall asleep and then watch the ball drop in my office while holding a guitar.
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    NYE, also know as Amateur Night. I'll be staying home as usual.

This.
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    Sitting at home with the wife and kids....probably wait for them all to fall asleep and then watch the ball drop in my office while holding a guitar.
    and most likely this!
    -Bob

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    I plan to have a nice evening alone. Nothing new there, but tonight I'll have (A) a nice bottle of inexpensive champagne from some liquor store with a driveup window, (B) DVDs from The Who (Live in Texas '75) and Led Zeppelin (Celebration Day), (C) various other music, and (D) my SE One - NO thanks to Santa! - to keep me company. Safe, sound, and off the icy streets.
    May everyone have a SAFE and FUN night. Happy New Year to you all!

Lloyd/Goldtop/Queen of Clubs
    Last edited by Goldtop; 12-31-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Gig tonight. Never really liked playing on NYE tho... (rather be home wearing sweats & slippers)

check out Cards Against Humanity. Just recently got a set and am still in pain from laughing.

+100

We played with our adult sons and turned purple and rolled on the floor uncontrollably several times. Highly recommended! Play with the inlaws if you need revenge for something.

I'm printing out a paper version oc CardsAgainstHumanity now... We have another couple coming over for dinner and games.

I'll give a SitRep later or an After Action Report tomorrow.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    °sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar

OMG!!

Must. Try. Tonight!!

Quiet evening was spent with wife and our two girls, flipping back and forth between Anderson Cooper-Kathy Griffin and the "other shows" that hosted the Biebs/Taylor Swift, etc. (kept the 9 year old happy). Fortunately, the 7 year old can't stand either one.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    Definately staying in. Think i'll curl up with my girlfriend and some beer and watch Jools Holland.
    Definately NOT staying in next year! The neighbours started their 'party' at 6pm and finished around 5am.

One of the best New Years I had was when I spent New Years in a Chinese Resteaurant in L'pools Chinatown. Only a handful of customers, but everyone was totally relaxed. We toasted New Years and carried on with our meal before finishing the night in an Irish bar. No queing up for hours to buy a beer or paying extortionate prices, just a chilled evening with some good food, good drink and good company!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

After Action Report:

I printed out a paper version of Cards Against Humanity and we played it New Year's Eve. It took about 3 or four rounds before we really got into the spirit of the game - I was not expecting quite that level of inappropriateness. But once we loosened up, it got better. The funniest part of the game was that the meekest of the women kept getting all of the truly raunchy and descriptive cards to play - and she won the game by a over a 2-1 margin of the next highest player...

An enjoyable game to be sure, but it needs the proper audience - or copious amounts of alcohol.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    °sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ