Thread: Peter Frampton Guitar Center Sessions 2011

Peter Frampton Guitar Center Sessions 2011

I caught this yesterday that I had DVR'd earlier in the week from a cable channel.
    http://sessions.guitarcenter.com/peter-frampton

If you click on the Black Hole Sun video, you can see the other guitarist using what appears to be a single cut with a wrap around bridge.
    Not sure if it is a 245 or a 250, it has covered pickups on it.

This series of shows is played by Direct TV (I have Comcast) so the series I am watching are past shows that aired on Direct TV.

I "grew up" musically in the mid to late 80s. I was a total Van Halen, Rush, and Zeppelin freak, as well as plenty of other. I'd heard a few Frampton songs, but I honestly couldn't stand Frampton. I'd only heard the wah and talk box, and thought it was lame.

Fast forward 15 or 20 years...Peter. Frampton married a local girl and moved to Cincinnati. He did a free show at something like the "Jammin' on Main" music festival they used to hold downtown. (Do they still do that?)

I was maybe 25 feet from Peter during his show. I must say, I was absolutely blown away. He sang great, was totally into the crowd, and his playing was awesome. I went out and got 2 albums the next day. I'm a huge fan today.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

I was a teenager when the Frampton Comes Alive album came out, we wore the cassette or 8 track or whatever format we had it on back then.
    Windows down, music cranked, and cruisin' the local cruisin' spots back then.

Whoa, right as I was reading this thread, my iPod (playing random favorites) starts playing "Do You Feel Like We Do" from Frampton Comes Alive!