Thread: What has the 'Special Forces Unit' Done for You?

What has the 'Special Forces Unit' Done for You?

It looks like the PTC is turning into the Private Stock team for the rest of us, those of us who cannot afford a PS (yet!).

They were originally formed to offer expert repairs and mods, but they have morphed into something way more than that.

Now you can get almost anything done in PTC. It really is like having a bit of PS added to your favorite guitar.

What has PTC done for you?
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Simple for me--replace a 57/08 with a 59/09 in the bridge and set up like I like it on my 12 Stripped 58. I live close enough now to drive there and drop off. Wish I had more PRSi to deliver to them for work LOL (but my 01 SC is perfect right now). I am hunting a DGT or Ted however

Hopefully I will be able to add to this thread soon when I get my Siggy back. Shawn and the rest of the PTC team have been great.
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Sheesh, what HAVENT they done for me? Like seriously - I think we've cut/sanded/painted/replaced/created everything within possibility!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

I'm hoping people will post or re-post pics, or link to the threads showing what PTC did for them in this thread - Maybe like an index of sorts...

Mine is here:

PTC-Massages-my-Goldtop
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I played this guitar in the store for six months or so before buying it. It went to the PTC for 57/08s before I even got it home (during the free pickup Thank You offer). I had them replace the volume pot with a push/pull to tap the neck pickup and one for the tone knob to tap the bridge pickup. It will be going back for a piezo at some point in the future.

Here's the volume in the "up" position:

What's the word on the 7 string conversion? We're dying for an update.

DGT Club Vice President
    What did I do for the PTC? Tested the new nut material in the "real world".

What they did for me? Install 57/08s in my DGT Goldie, re-install one DGT in the Goldie, new switch, couple set-ups, and clean up my frets!

mgd

DGTs

Hmmm....
    -Bob

-Bob

In addition to the above collaboration with Bud Davis...the PTC boys have also done full refins...ding repairs...fretboard edge repairs...pickup swaps...setups,,,and answered a ton of inane questions I have asked them over the years....they are the best! And are all around good people...and unlike most places these days they actually care, give a damn about their customers, take pride in their work...and are the best,

now having said that....don't go getting a big head or anything like that...realize the praise is coming from the same guy who once sent you a guitar that had tuning instability issues because I didn't put the string on correctly with the phase ii's...take it with a grain of salt!
    -Bob

I've had nothing as impressive done as above, but sent my Cu24 in for a 10 year setup. It wasn't in bad shape, but they did a fantastic job and turned it around very quickly. So it all goes to show, regardless of how simple or complex the job, the PTC will manage it professionally and like it was their own guitar. Shawn and Co. freakin' ROCKS!

Thanks for your kind words guys, we certainly appreciate them!

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    What's the word on the 7 string conversion? We're dying for an update.

Oh you guys want an update? I guess we can throw a little something up.... haha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C