Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big News from UK

Big News from UK

Congrats! How does this differ from becoming a factory direct operation other than absorbing an already created staff?
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Very cool!
    Laugh, Love, Live, Learn - Devin Townsend

Interesting stuff!

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Very cool stuff!!!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Hopefully postage on PRS merchandise will be a bit more realistic within Europe than it is from US...I got a quote of $50 dollars for a t shirt once
    On the subject of T Shirts etc..its not something I see a lot of round these parts...I could be looking in the wrong places mind you!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie123 View Post
    Hopefully postage on PRS merchandise will be a bit more realistic within Europe than it is from US...I got a quote of $50 dollars for a t shirt once
    On the subject of T Shirts etc..its not something I see a lot of round these parts...I could be looking in the wrong places mind you!
    Oh, I hope so too! A Euro Merch store based in the UK would be awesome! I too balked at the quote for shipping on the American store when I was gonna buy some stuff. Needles to say, I didn't bother!
    Laugh, Love, Live, Learn - Devin Townsend

Quote Originally Posted by DRM_777 View Post
    Oh, I hope so too! A Euro Merch store based in the UK would be awesome! I too balked at the quote for shipping on the American store when I was gonna buy some stuff. Needles to say, I didn't bother!
    I think PRS have missed a trick here as T Shirts, Pick Ups, Cases, Other replacement parts would sell very well, IMHO...I only see a very limited amount of "Official" PRS gear...I'd love a Paisley Case for my Custom 24!!

Wish PRS had a European / Uk PTC...

Yeah, i'd love to see more Merchandise available. Not much when I last looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie123 View Post
    I think PRS have missed a trick here as T Shirts, Pick Ups, Cases, Other replacement parts would sell very well, IMHO...I only see a very limited amount of "Official" PRS gear...I'd love a Paisley Case for my Custom 24!!
    I was quoted for a paisley case in the UK just contact a dealer
    I thought the price was reasonable!

This is great news headline are great guys and I'm sure that being part of PRS can only lead to bigger things

Without the necessity of a healthy distributor markup I wonder if prices will come down a bit to bring them a bit closer to US pricing...

In fact, I would almost expect it as it still seems like the UK is slightly saturated at the moment if you look at dealer inventories...

I've asked both Headline and PRS directly in the past to consider a European PTC equivalent. Really hope that comes to pass.

As far as shipping costs from the US, it's a third-party company, not PRS, but they are indeed still way too high and not representative of reality at all! The shipping appears to be marked up heavily to discourage us as the company doing it doesn't want to do the paperwork involved. But PRS should take note of that...
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    Although nothing is written in stone, I see a PTC Europe happening in the future. Probably only for electronics work, set ups and pickup swaps. I don't see a spray booth being installed any time in the near future. The cost of the booths and equipment are cost prohibitive if it's only to be used for repairs and refins.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Although nothing is written in stone, I see a PTC Europe happening in the future. Probably only for electronics work, set ups and pickup swaps. I don't see a spray booth being installed any time in the near future. The cost of the booths and equipment are cost prohibitive if it's only to be used for repairs and refins.
    Sounds cool... Certainly give my custom if that comes into being!

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
    Without the necessity of a healthy distributor markup I wonder if prices will come down a bit to bring them a bit closer to US pricing...
    That'd be cool.
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
    Yes, Gavin was fond of his solid gold back-scratchers I suspect Headline's markup was not that healthy

This is an interesting twist in distribution for sure..

I'd be one of he first to have some PRSi tweaked by the European PTC! Please make it happen...

don't want to be a member
    They were great when I spoke to them earlier this week befor paying out for my Angelus made me feel confident to buy online without playtesting. (something which I never do with guitars and gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    +1000

Because even a decent string nut replacement seems an impossible task for most so called "luthiers" overhere :-(
    It's hard to believe but three really big names overhere in Germany already failed on my SCT :-(

Maybe you could convince Nik Huber to do repairwork for PRS again (as he once did).