Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Son just bought a SE Angelus Standard

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    643

    Son just bought a SE Angelus Standard

    I had him try it out this past weekend and after trying out a lot of other more expensive guitars we headed back to Sam Ash and he went with the SE Angelus.
    Sounds good, setup was already spot on, great value.

  2. #2
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,696
    Pics are required Muh-man ....................... or else
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    643
    I'm exercising the "ain't my guitar clause"
    He also won't let me by it cause he knows it'll disappear.

    Now I'm going to head to the music room and play my PRS to help heal the wound that it's not my NGD. LOL
    Last edited by NomadMike; 07-02-2014 at 08:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadMike View Post
    Now I'm going to head to the music room and play my PRS to help heal the wound that it's not my NGD. LOL
    Hah!

    I always had a bittersweet day when buying my son new gear.
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    643
    This time he used his own money, so it's an even more special day!
    He's now swiped my Jam Man Express pedal, I may have to charge him for that.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2
    My son never got into guitars which was too bad, but my Grandaughter is a guitar playing demon. and has cost me a couple of thou in donations - but it's all good.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    643
    Both my boys played in middle and high school, one was into the bari sax for the schools jazz band and swerved onto banjo and oboe a few years back, and the other made all county on violin, viola and bass, (and could pinch hit on cello if needed) and now he's really into acoustic guitar. I'm already jealous of his finger picking. I might have to start hinting to the wife about the SE Angelus Custom being a great Christmas gift.

  8. #8
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,163
    Congrats!

    To your son.

  9. #9
    Member Johnnyboy94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Southeast-central Florida
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadMike View Post
    I had him try it out this past weekend and after trying out a lot of other more expensive guitars we headed back to Sam Ash and he went with the SE Angelus.
    Sounds good, setup was already spot on, great value.
    Congrats to him! Did he get the one with the Piezo? Having used it both through an amp AND just straight to PA, There is no $-to-quality ratio on any other guitar that matches it.
    PRS SE Angelus Standard w/Piezo
    PRS Santana SE (Custom 22 w/Santana Headstock Inlay)
    Fender T-Bucket 300CE Acoustic-ElectricFender Mustang I
    Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I'm in the"buy all the prs guitars you can afford" camp.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadMike View Post
    Both my boys played in middle and high school, one was into the bari sax for the schools jazz band and swerved onto banjo and oboe a few years back, and the other made all county on violin, viola and bass, (and could pinch hit on cello if needed) and now he's really into acoustic guitar. I'm already jealous of his finger picking. I might have to start hinting to the wife about the SE Angelus Custom being a great Christmas gift.
    Congrats to your son and yes, the SE Angelus Custom would make a GREAT Christmas gift. I have the
    Custom and love it. Thinking about picking up the Standard. Unmatched Values!

  11. #11
    The Force is weak in ^^ mezzio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by NomadMike View Post
    He's now swiped my Jam Man Express pedal, I may have to charge him for that.
    Hmm, in my eyes, that's a fair trade, he swipes your pedal, you swype his guitar :-D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •