Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Paul's Guitar....

LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Of course, you could simply go to a store and play one, thereby sampling it. They'd probably let you play it for hours if you needed to. You could probably even get PRS to hand you one when you go there to pick out the next private stock, and ask to spend a few hours with one so you could decide if you like the pickups.

But there will be an NGD post.

You know it, I know it, and the American People know it. The post will have pics, and be complimentary, but somewhere in that post the Seed Of The Rationalization will be sown.

Maybe, as you say, it will be scale length. Maybe the headstock. Maybe the artist grade dirty top is too dirty. But within a few days, the guitar will be Moved. It will be Gone, Vamoosed, Outta there. It will not really be given a chance. It will be unappreciated. "I really like it for playing X style, but I'm not sure about the scale length." Or, "This one's going to be my travel guitar when I go to Canada for gigs (this one is the fastest kiss of doom)."

No, it will not hang on the Wall of Doom for more than a few days. poor thing (I call it the Wall of Doom because a guitar hanging there is ultimately doomed to be cast aside like the wife who stayed with her man only to later find a trophy wife on his arm when she no longer looks the part).

Yes, it's a sad day when the poor guitar finds out your plans, as you lay it in its case, its little heart broken, its dreams dashed on the rocks, to travel to some far flung destination. I hope you feel very, very guilty.

Banned
    Yes, it's a sad day when the poor guitar finds out your plans, as you lay it in its case, its little heart broken, its dreams dashed on the rocks, to travel to some far flung destination.
    Students.....pay attention...this is an example of "Anthropomorphization" at its finest!

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Students.....pay attention...this is an example of "Anthropomorphization" at its finest!
    Well...

Just go to the guitar store, and they're hanging there, all bright-eyed, just waiting for someone to take them to a nice home where they'll get some love and a new set of strings. When you buy a guitar from a store, it's like rescuing a puppy from the pound. You feel good about it. The guitar wags its trem bar oh-so-happily. It can't lick you, but you can play licks on it.

Merriment and joy to both.

A special order guitar is even better - the stork (UPS) brings you the guitar, and it's made just for you, You open the case, and there it is, your newborn, opening its eyes for the first time to gaze on its proud parent. And you gaze back, lovingly. You can't wait to hear it "cry." And you have a wah wah for that very purpose!

Perish the thought of having to give it to the adoption agency (eBay)...imagine the heartbreak for both of you.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Banned
    Well...

Just go to the guitar store, and they're hanging there, all bright-eyed, just waiting for someone to take them to a nice home where they'll get some love and a new set of strings. When you buy a guitar from a store, it's like rescuing a puppy from the pound. You feel good about it. The guitar wags its trem bar oh-so-happily. It can't lick you, but you can play licks on it.

Merriment and joy to both.

A special order guitar is even better - the stork (UPS) brings you the guitar, and it's made just for you, You open the case, and there it is, your newborn, opening its eyes for the first time to gaze on its proud parent. And you gaze back, lovingly. You can't wait to hear it "cry." And you have a wah wah for that very purpose!

Perish the thought of having to give it to the adoption agency (eBay)...imagine the heartbreak for both of you.
    I am definitely missing out on this experience. My guitars only play when I stroke them the right way. Otherwise they remain silent and fail to express any emotions whatsoever.