Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Song?

I don't remember, probably something by DRI or 7 Seconds. It was the late 80s and I was 12 years old and all about skate punk. That stuff was all pretty easy, just fast power chords.

I remember writing a song called Skate to Outrate when I had only been playing for 2 months or so. Someone taught me how to make a 2 string power chord and showed me how to put it almost anywhere on the neck to make a chord. I picked a string of chords that sounded good to me and wrote a song. It was easy. I guess getting started with writing songs at 12 years old, it makes sense I've never been interested in being in a cover band.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I don't remember, probably something by DRI or 7 Seconds. It was the late 80s and I was 12 years old and all about skate punk. That stuff was all pretty easy, just fast power chords.

I remember writing a song called Skate to Outrate when I had only been playing for 2 months or so. Someone taught me how to make a 2 string power chord and showed me how to put it almost anywhere on the neck to make a chord. I picked a string of chords that sounded good to me and wrote a song. It was easy. I guess getting started with writing songs at 12 years old, it makes sense I've never been interested in being in a cover band.
    Separated at birth.