Thread: DGT Questions....

Hybrid View

DGT Questions....

Going to drag my wife 3 hours from home tomorrow to try a DGT (and buy hopefully) but because it's a different type of PRS I'm a little concerned. I guess my biggest concern is how it feels. Is the neck just huge with the Jumbo frets or does it compare more to a wide/fat? Is it comfy or just LARGE? To me a wide/fat or a pattern regular feel really good. I have an older 513 with whatever shape that was and it is on the small side to me. Also I have read it comes with 11's?? I play 10's. Would this work with this guitar? I've read that some people don't like the way it sounds, but if it has a les paul to strat type tone I'll love it. Just worried about the neck..Any other thoughts I would appreciate. Thanks!!
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

The neck shape is pretty much a Pattern Regular, you'll be fine!

The big frets really work with 11s, there's just a touch more fight due to the string tension.

If it helps, I've just been playing my DGT Std vs my PS SC245 and there's a lot of similarity in tone. If you like the Les Paul sound, you'll like a DGT I hope the trip goes well!

Thanks.. Do you think it'll work with 10's? I have some arthritis in my hands and don't think i could wrestle 11's for a 4 hour show. Heck for even 1 song! lol
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

It'll be absolutely fine, though you'll probably need to remove a spring from the trem (reduce from 5 to 4).

Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    It'll be absolutely fine, though you'll probably need to remove a spring from the trem (reduce from 5 to 4).
    Cool, thanks. Been watching videos online, sounds like a tone monster!

I'm a wide/fat guy, but the DGT carve just fits my hand. Both my DGT's are strung with 10's.

The 11's on a DGT feels like bending 10's on a 513. Only your fingers will know the difference the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    I'm a wide/fat guy, but the DGT carve just fits my hand. Both my DGT's are strung with 10's.
    Awesome! Can't wait to check it out tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Frog View Post
    The 11's on a DGT feels like bending 10's on a 513. Only your fingers will know the difference the next day.
    Well, I might try 11's. guess it wouldn't hurt!