Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 151

Thread: Movie Quotes

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Here ya go.....Haven't seen this in nearly 30 years, but the quote stands out in my mind......


    "Do you know why the number two hundred is so vitally descriptive to both you and me? It's your weight and my I.Q."

  2. #122
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Here ya go.....Haven't seen this in nearly 30 years, but the quote stands out in my mind......


    "Do you know why the number two hundred is so vitally descriptive to both you and me? It's your weight and my I.Q."
    Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor!

  3. #123
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    85
    I wiII not aIIow any taIking monkey to take my pIace.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by soundbee View Post
    I wiII not aIIow any taIking monkey to take my pIace.
    Christpher Walken in "The Prophecy"

    OK...next....


    "Wake up.....Time to die!"

  5. #125
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    85
    "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep" aka "Blade Runner" - Leon just before he tries to give Harrison Ford a 3 Stooges eye poke.

    next...

    "One man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor."

  6. #126
    Senior Member Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGuitars View Post
    Here's an easy one: "I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem may have been that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being crushed...by a dwarf. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object."
    Little known fact: This scene was based on a true story. It was Black Sabbath who ordered the Stonehenge replica, but it was made too big, not too small. According to Geezer Butler, the setpiece was measured in meters instead of feet and was too big to fit on any stage anywhere.

  7. #127
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,770



    "Hey! What about me?

    Go for broke. lt's on the LAPD.

    Oh..... l want a PRS Guitar.... with the dragon inlay!"

    Who'd win in a wrestling match, Lemmy or God?

    Lemmy?

    [Rex imitates a game show buzzer]

    ... God?

    Wrong, d*^$head, trick question - Lemmy IS God.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Time to resurrect this thread....easy one to get the ball rolling....


    "You must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest.....wiiiiiiith.......a herring!"

  9. #129
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    85
    I believe that's good ol' Monty Python's Holy Grail

    What about the one I posted earlier... "One man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor."
    Hint: bit of an odd movie - but a had a lot of interesting quotes.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by soundbee View Post
    I believe that's good ol' Monty Python's Holy Grail

    What about the one I posted earlier... "One man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor."
    Hint: bit of an odd movie - but a had a lot of interesting quotes.
    Well....you are correct...and you let did let your old one kinda die out...you gotta prod, probe and maybe give some more hints, since we all hit a dead end on that one. Stay on it this time! Someone will get it.

  11. #131
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    85
    You're right, although I'll concede - this one is a bit too out of the mainstream... Permission to google granted... But before you do one more hint, released 1995.

  12. #132
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by soundbee View Post
    What about the one I posted earlier... "One man's mundane and desperate existence is another man's Technicolor."
    Hint: bit of an odd movie - but a had a lot of interesting quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by soundbee View Post
    You're right, although I'll concede - this one is a bit too out of the mainstream... Permission to google granted... But before you do one more hint, released 1995.
    had to Google to get it...

    Tick in Strange Days

    next up:

    Character 1: I think it's only fair to warn you, this facility is surrounded by a highly trained team of 130 Black Op Snipers.
    Character 2: I don't believe you.
    Character 1: Would you believe two dozen Delta Force Commandos?
    Character 2: No.
    Character 1: How about Chuck Norris with a BB gun?
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    ¡sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  13. #133
    Senior Member Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    had to Google to get it...

    Tick in Strange Days

    next up:

    Character 1: I think it's only fair to warn you, this facility is surrounded by a highly trained team of 130 Black Op Snipers.
    Character 2: I don't believe you.
    Character 1: Would you believe two dozen Delta Force Commandos?
    Character 2: No.
    Character 1: How about Chuck Norris with a BB gun?
    Maxwell Smart in Get Smart

    "Sure, Mom, I'll settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning."
    "Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

  14. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Maxwell Smart in Get Smart

    "Sure, Mom, I'll settle down with a nice girl every night, then I'm free the next morning."
    Joe Pesci as "Tommy" to his "mom" (played by Martin Scorsese's mom) in "Goodfella's"

  15. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Try this one.......a classic.....

    "You're a young girl, you should be at home. You should be dressed up, going out with boys, going to school, you know, that kind of stuff."

  16. #136
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,162
    DeNiro as Travis Bickel in Taxi Driver!!!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  17. #137
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,162
    From a great film I watched the other day...

    "Karla said you were very good, the one we had to worry about. But you do have a blind spot. And if I was known to be Ann's lover, you wouldn't be able to see me straight. And he was right, up to a point."
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

  18. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    From a great film I watched the other day...

    "Karla said you were very good, the one we had to worry about. But you do have a blind spot. And if I was known to be Ann's lover, you wouldn't be able to see me straight. And he was right, up to a point."

    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

  19. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,502
    Try this classic midnight feature, by one of my favorite directors (too many hints already)


    "I thought I heard a stranger. We've got chicken tonight. Strangest damn things. They're man made. Little damn things. Smaller than my fist. But they're new. Hi, I'm Bill."

  20. #140
    Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Warrington, Nr Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
    Correct!

    Gary Oldman was fantastic as George Smiley in that film.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •