Thread: Just sent an email to the PTC....

Just sent an email to the PTC....

Well, was playing guitar this morning on the couch in brighter light in my living room when I noticed the frets on my Tremonti are destroyed....its playable but there are lines down some of the frets and when Len Johnson did a setup a few months ago he said I was going to need a new nut soon, my Tremonti is just about to turn 3...I guess I play pretty hard so in my email to PTC I asked about switching to DGT frets. Maybe Shawn or someone could chime in here for me ! I also had a few opportunities to meet Mark Tremonti and he signed the back of the headstock so I want them to clear coat that. I'm so nervous about shipping my grail...not worried about PTC or anything just the shipping, should I get the shipping package that PRS offers? looks like a good way to go about all this. Thanks in advance for any info!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

PTC is the way to go. I also asked them to install bigger frets on my Tremonti and I couldn't be happier.

Awesome!! Thank you aduayer that's just what I wanted to hear!!!
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

Quote Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
    should I get the shipping package that PRS offers?
    Or.....
    Go buy another PRS and save the box!

Can't be too safe. I think an re-fret job would do wonders but sounds like the SE has softer frets than a USA?? 3 years seems quick even if you do play the heck out of it. The PTC would be ideal to cover the signature. I just had a guitar shipped to me across country in a regular guitar box. They packed the guitar snug inside the case and has some bubble wrap on the ends protecting the guitar from being "shocked" or knocked around inside the box.
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

The fret job is needed on my usa Tremonti

The PTC shipping package isn't too bad since it includes the shipping charges. I also vote for the 6100 Frets (DGT). Bigger is better!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Email replied to Michael!

Man, a Tremonti with 6100's is going to be a MACHINEEEEE!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Thanks guys, I'm getting jacked myself for the larger frets!! The emails are being exchanged between Shawn and I...thanks again Shawn, you are hooking me up! I hope you got the pic I emailed you of the small ding I want touched up!! Shawn, I'm also thinking while you have her, I'd like some ebony tuning knobs installed as well. I'm sure we will be talking thru emails tomorrow!! Can't wait till this is done, my Tremonti will be SWEET!! Re-fret,new nut, switching the knobs around and sealing Tremonti's autograph on the headstock!!

Or you can do like I did - forget shipping - ROAD TRIP!

I like your thinking izzy....but its a 6 hour drive one way, I know because of the yearly trip to the experience!!