Thread: Thoughts on PRS SE 20 Head and 2x12 Cab

Thoughts on PRS SE 20 Head and 2x12 Cab

Thinking about picking up a SE 20 head and the matching 2x12 cabinet. Are these loud enough to practice with a band and gig with? Any other thoughts on the amp would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

I guess it depends on what the other guitar player has and how big the venue is, etc...
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

My 30 through the 2x12 is about right for running with a loud drummer and a second guitar in the band, for medium size bar gigs and such. Anything less than that and I think you'd be safe with the 20. If you think you might want more power, go for the 30, I don't think the price difference is very big.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

Price difference is close, but my options in this town are very limited. I think I'm going to pass on it and save money for a USA head or combo.
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Auth. PRS Dealer Mad Music Ecuador's Avatar
    The SE 50 is awesome. Great sound, great volume. You should give a try.
    Mad Music Ecuador.
    www.madmusicecuador.com
    www.facebook.com/madmusicecuador