Thread: Guitar + Mobile Device = My New Practice Amp

Guitar + Mobile Device = My New Practice Amp

Was looking for a practice amp. Ended up with an Apogee Jam. I love my iPad so this just makes sense. I have only tried it with GarageBand for iOS so far, but I will pick up some other guitar apps later this week. Here are some pictures!

Fun! I think IK Multimedia makes a very good guitar amp sim for mobile devices that might be worth checking out.

IK multimedia is good and peavey has one that is pretty decent. I recently just switched from an android phone to iPhone just for this purpose.

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Check out Positive Grid's JamUp. Their Pro XT version costs a few bucks, but they've got a free version you can try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Squid View Post
    Check out Positive Grid's JamUp. Their Pro XT version costs a few bucks, but they've got a free version you can try out.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jamu...454702113?mt=8
    Hands down, the best IMO.

I just scored an iRig off Ebay for $15 shipped... Amplitube is a free download to power the iRig. I had a buddy come through town this weekend. Rather than dig my other amp out of a closet, we jammed with me thru my PRS Dallas, him thru the iRig/iPad direct into the PA. Worked like a charm...

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Squid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    I actually bought the Apogee Jam with Jam Up Pro XT in mind. The tones coming out of that app are crazy good in videos from Loomis, Merrow and Ola. I am going to buy it and tinker soon.