Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Mother of Brazilians: A Complete History

Wow. Great read! Great to see you back. I almost started a "I miss Hans" thread

Love the dark neck!

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Provenance of the Guitar’s Authenticity[/B][/FONT][/SIZE]

The bridge pickup cavity and original hang tag displays the word “Brazilian”. But, as previously mentioned, this instrument pre-dates the limited run of 250 Brazilian neck McCarty guitars. Upon closer inspection, there is little doubt that the coal-black lumber used for the neck of this guitar is Brazilian Rosewood but there has been no lab analysis of samples taken from the guitar. Assuming we're right, the build date makes this one of the oldest production PRS guitars with a Brazilian Rosewood neck. The only production Brazilian-neck McCarty that I've found that pre-dates this one was made for Howard Leese. Howard's guitar is serial number 9_42,3XX. The MOB is 9_ 43,1XX.
    When Hans was visiting in Indiana a few weeks back, he noticed a guitar hanging on my wall. He didn't know that I now have the guitar referenced above that was "made for Howard Leese." And I wasn't aware that it is apparently the first BRW neck McCarty made, and according to Hans is the proto for the Modern Eagle. Thanks for the info Mr. O'Matic! Also, Howard informed me that he played this guitar in the "Paul Rodgers Band Live in Glagow" CD. The photos below are from that performance.

Last edited by 11top; 06-19-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Sh*tter's full

Love a guitar with some history like that.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    When Hans was visiting in Indiana a few weeks back, he noticed a guitar hanging on my wall. He didn't know that I now have the guitar referenced above that was "made for Howard Leese." And I wasn't aware that it is apparently the first BRW neck McCarty made, and according to Hans is the proto for the Modern Eagle. Thanks for the info Mr. O'Matic! Also, Howard informed me that he played this guitar in the "Paul Rodgers Band Live in Glagow" CD. The photos below are from that performance.
    To be clear... it is the oldest (by serial number) production PRS I have ever see with a Brazilian Rosewood neck. Whether or not it's the 1st BRW-neck McCarty (or 1st production PRS of any model with a BRW neck) I cannot say.

It certainly pre-dates the limited run of 250 guitars. It is also older, by serial number, than my goldtop.
    One Life

To be clear... it is the oldest (by serial number) production PRS I have ever see with a Brazilian Rosewood neck. Whether or not it's the 1st BRW-neck McCarty (or 1st production PRS of any model with a BRW neck) I cannot say.

It certainly pre-dates the limited run of 250 guitars. It is also older, by serial number, than my goldtop.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I had emailed Hans to see if my post was accurate.
    Sh*tter's full

Thanks,
    Gary
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

So Hans is the mother of all Brazilians, and Markie is the father? Am I getting that right?
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

The first PRS RW neck guitar was made in 1994, I do not know if it was a BRW or IRW neck though. But given the fact that Paul already loved it in 1994, who knows what he did in the 5 years between 1994 and 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    The first PRS RW neck guitar was made in 1994, I do not know if it was a BRW or IRW neck though. But given the fact that Paul already loved it in 1994,
    What can you tell us about it? Did you see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    who knows what he did in the 5 years between 1994 and 1999.
    The Rosewood Limited. That was the first production PRS with a rosewood neck.
    One Life