Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How cold it is where you are?

6 degrees F in Pittsburgh this morning. Brrrr.

14 now, but zero tonight ...
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

it has been around -15C to -20C the last few days, toss in the wind chill factor and easy -30C

Today a bit warmer at -11C with wind chill -18C. There are snow banks here taller then I am and for us its only early winter yet. Another 15cm on the way tonight on our side, east coast of newfoundland tonight is getting another 30cm

On the 11th of Jan there was a big storm on the island. For the first time in the near 40 years I have been here we lost power for 12 hours. Thats a big problem when its cold like this. Most newer home are all electric heat so we get in trouble with no power. I think the east coast got 50cm with 110kph winds that night.

For us here, its common to get 5 to 10cm of snow per day, and 100kph winds are very common these days for some reason. Our winter start usually last week of October but nothing really stays on the ground until December. Late Dec to early March its just constant snow everyday. Around here you need a Honda snowblower if your in the higher area's and expect to use it 2-3 times per snowy day
    Last edited by newfmp3; 01-23-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clcwarlock View Post
    6 degrees F in Pittsburgh this morning. Brrrr.
    And miserable! Made me glad I was working from home today.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

A comfortable, sunny 16'Celsius / 60,8'F here in Nafplio, Greece.
    1992 PRS Cu24 Tortoise Shell, "10",Birds, Reg Neck
    2005 PRS 513 Brazilian Rosewood Orange

Banned
    A crappy, freezing, intolerable 9 degrees fahrenheit at 6:15 AM when I walked my dog...... wishing I was back under the covers..... but miserable with the knowledge that in 25 minutes I'd be driving to go to work.

Kudos to all of you who are lucky enough to work out of your house.

-30 at home this morning.

I live on the east coast of the island. Right now it's 16F. Here's a pic of my front door after the storm you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post
    it has been around -15 to -20 the last few days, toss in the wind chill factor and easy -30

Today a bit warmer at -11 with wind chill -18. There are snow banks here taller then I am and for us its only early winter yet. Another 15cm on the way tonight on our side, east coast of newfoundland tonight is getting another 30cm

On the 11th of Jan there was a big storm on the island. For the first time in the near 40 years I have been here we lost power for 12 hours. Thats a big problem when its cold like this. Most newer home are all electric heat so we get in trouble with no power. I think the east coast got 50cm with 110kph winds that night.

For us here, its common to get 5 to 10cm of snow per day, and 100kph winds are very common these days for some reason. Our winter start usually last week of October but nothing really stays on the ground until December. Late Dec to early March its just constant snow everyday. Around here you need a Honda snowblower if your in the higher area's and expect to use it 2-3 times per snowy day

About -30C (-22F) this time of year, but it can get as cold as -45C (-49F) sometimes.
    We've had a warmer period now with between -20 to -30C (-4 to -22F)

72 right now. Howver, we are expecting rain this weekend for those of you traveling to NAMM.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Still freezing with no let up in sight.

I should really start taking some extra Vit D!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Quote Originally Posted by Rodicus View Post
    I live on the east coast of the island. Right now it's 16F. Here's a pic of my front door after the storm you mentioned.

yeah you guys got hit pretty good but it could have been worse. Good ole fashioned Winter for us so far. Something we have not seen in years. Good to see another Newfie on board!

DGT Club Vice President

How today started off...brr.

mgd

DGTs

-43 degrees Celsius here with the windchill. The car started onthe second try, but it was no good as the e brake was frozen. I rode the bus instead.

This morning it was only-3f here. I'd say we were lucky...
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas}

-19C here right now. I am so sick of winter.

Gotta Love TX...
    Tomorrow in Austin is forcast at 80....
    At the Beach in Port Aransas....84! Since the weekend is looking like mid 70s, Im thinking a February surf day is on the table......

Quote Originally Posted by 38Roars View Post
    Gotta Love TX...
    Tomorrow in Austin is forcast at 80....
    At the Beach in Port Aransas....84! Since the weekend is looking like mid 70s, Im thinking a February surf day is on the table......
    Not quite this good, but 70 in DFW this morning at 8:00. Not bad for January!

The weather is crazy. We're looking at 60 degree for the next couple of days here in Maryland

High of 56 today...then 9 on Thursday.