Thread: Tremonti - deciding on colour... (cherry red v grey and black)

Tremonti - deciding on colour... (cherry red v grey and black)

Hi,

Got an opportunity to pick up a Tremonti Custom tomorrow. Either cherry red v grey and black. I'm having a hard time choosing though!

I think it's more likely than not going to be cherry red, as I have a Custom 24 in whale blue, so it would be a good contrast. The black might just be a bit too 'more of the same'.

That said, it seems grey black is not a particularly popular colour choice, as the dealer is willing to knock more money off that one for me!

Any thoughts????

With a decision like that, I say play them both and then decide

Get the one that sounds best!

So tricky! Purple is also an option!

I recently got a grey/black Tremonti Custom SE...they are very nice!! Still have a few upgrades to do but it plays great!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

I went with grey/black! Tried both in the store but ultimately the red was _too_ red. There was just no escape from it. I guess I'm not a fan of how the headstock, sides and back of the guitar are all that colour. It was also quite a bright red, and not the same dark cherry as on some other PRSi they had. I guess the finish will vary from guitar to guitar.

Black is looking very sleek!

Also tried the SE 145. Really nice guitar that, and it was a tough call in the end between that and the Tremonti! The shorter scale length and hard tail bridge had such a great feel. However, I do like having a trem, and the Tremonti Custom has the same pickups now I believe, so job done!