Thread: Favourite settings with 408s?

Favourite settings with 408s?

I'm obviously a HUGE fan of the 408 system, and I have a few favourite settings that I use a lot. Here are my top ones:

Bridge singlecoil, tone on 10, volume on 9

Great for cleaner parts, with or without chorus, for apeggios and acoustic flatpicking style stuff

Both pickups, neck humbucker and bridge singlecoil, tone on 8, volume on 7

The "Keef" setting, great for crunchy rhythm parts.

Neck humbucker, tone on 7, volume on 10

A great warm soloing tone without the flabby/muddiness of traditional neck humbuckers, nor too much snap from a singlecoil. Add a good amount of gain and the tubular woody tone just sings out.

How are you getting the tones you want - I'd be interesting in trying your settings myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    I'm obviously a HUGE fan of the 408 system, and I have a few favourite settings that I use a lot. Here are my top ones:

Bridge singlecoil, tone on 10, volume on 9

Great for cleaner parts, with or without chorus, for apeggios and acoustic flatpicking style stuff

Both pickups, neck humbucker and bridge singlecoil, tone on 8, volume on 7

The "Keef" setting, great for crunchy rhythm parts.

Neck humbucker, tone on 7, volume on 10

A great warm soloing tone without the flabby/muddiness of traditional neck humbuckers, nor too much snap from a singlecoil. Add a good amount of gain and the tubular woody tone just sings out.

How are you getting the tones you want - I'd be interesting in trying your settings myself!
    What is the amp and pedal board,if your useing a board, set to ? We need to know the entire signal chain,for an accurate tone print. Amp tube types will help as well. THANK'S

I'm using a 65 Amps Empire head and matching 2x12 cab, which has a vintage Marshall toneprint. My board is a Klon clone used as a buffer only, and I have a true-bypass tuner and true-bypass chorus.

As you can see, it's a pretty darn pure signal chain.

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Bridge split, neck full, volume around 9, '64 Twin. Spanky!
    One Life

I'm going to try those settings out, fellas! I'll also take some notes on the one's I'm using so far and post amp settings as well.