Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Unicorns, Rainbows, Guitars

Word of the T'ok suicides had gotten out. Back at PRS HQ, the door opened during the celebration. Ani Wan and Autumn Sky appeared to a warm welcome. As the drinks flowed, and the stories were recounted, Autumn and Gloria Sass locked eyes, and then looked away shyly.

Davy couldn't help but take notice, and as an idea began to form, a smile crossed his face.

"This could be more fun than I originally thought," he said to himself.

(cue James Bond Theme)

************************************************** ************************************************** ************

Thanks everyone who contributed! It was fun!
    Last edited by LSchefman; 01-25-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Banned
    And, so the denouement of the zombies. There were a surplus of unicorns. Not too many rainbows, however.

Banned
    You know what is going to be great? Every time that Davey Knowles and Dave Grissom are googled, they may show up in this thread. I'd love to see the expression on some guy's face who'se trying to Google some information on one of those guitarists and winds up with this thread.

I can see it now...a 6th grade social studies project on contemporary music. Kid shouts out to his parents..."Mom...Dad....I have to write this report on a current musician, but when I looked him up, they said he was dead, and that he was the President of the United States.

alternate ending:

Newly promoted T'ok Twodoo'hr Mut'sik surveyed the Snow White bridge. Grand T'ok Schiddt, T'ok Abhouut'it and the spy T'ok N'ancy had disgraced themselves in the Detroit bunker. The Bunker stats on Earth were now a dismal 0 and 2.

T'ok Twodoo'hr Mut'sik was having none of it. He rallied the bridge crew into action. On new orders, T'ok Schmaak was manouvering Snow White directly over Kent Island. T'ok Tewmuch, relieved from the eugenics controls was at the Weapon's Station and Tactical. "T'ok Twodoo'hr Mut'sik, we will need to be in the atmosphere no higher than 10,000 feet for the Dampening Ray to be effective." he said.

"That's Grand T'ok Twodoo'hr Mut'sik. Make it so."

"Hold it right there, T'ok Schiddt. Don't you want a last meal too?"

Stunned, Schiddt turned. Through the still hanging haze that used to be Mor Izmor, he could just make out Ani Wan Buttme and Autumn Sky. In Buttem's hand was an inviting bucket of raw sewage. In Sky's hand was a flaying knife.

Shiddt wavered, then overcome, he dropped his weapon and slammed his head into the bucked gulping greedily. With a deft stroke, Sky removed the skin from the nape of his neck. Schiddt removed his head from the pale, dripping sewage. Deftly Buttme first garroted, then decapitated him with a wound G string.

Smith knew the celebration was premature. He had had a long conservation with Mike Deeley about the T'ok ship Deeley had blasted. Smith had an inspiration. He ordered the large forty eight foot PRS mirrored disco ball be hauled up to the roof, set on a revolving mount and illuminated. He then rallied the factory for the turkey shoot he knew was coming.

Easing Snow White out of a cloud bank, puffing smoke and angling mirrors, Grand T'ok Twodoo'hr Mut'sik deployed his fighters and prepared to take his final revenge. As he descended to just below 9,000 feet, he ordered T'ok Tewmuch to set the controls of the Dampening Ray to their highest setting - MUTE.

Below on the roof of the factory, Smith grinned. The thousands of tiny mirrors on the disco ball reflected the PRS stage lights skyward in overlapping patterns. Each time a reflected beam hit a T'ok ship's own mirrors, a glint appeared in the sky. Smith gave the order for his Solothurn gun emplacements to fire at will.

The sander Will quickly clarified that the guns should be trained on the glints in the sky and not on him.

It was indeed a turkey shoot. The Solothurns barked from the rooftop and the perimeter. T'ok fighters were falling from the sky into the Chesapeake Bay and onto the lawns of the expensive mansions on Kent Island North of the factory. Davy Knowles grinned up at the sky and started composing a song about shooting stars.

Snow White was riddled and plunged into the Bay just south of the older span of the Bay Bridge. The Rockfish fishing around the new reef wreckage formed would be unparalleled for decades.

As the last of the fighters were dropping from the sky, Ani Wan Buttme and Sky arrived. Sky was driving the newly designed 2013 Corvette she schmoozed from a factory rep in the Detroit plant.

Lazlo raced down the stair from the roof and into the arms of sky and kissed her deeply. He stepped back a pace and shyly gave her the Wonderbra he had been carrying close to his heart for so long. Sky took Lazlo's hand and led him to the small space between the KC Masterpiece silos and the North West corner of the building. She slipped of her dirty shirt to reveal the perkiness underneath. As Lazlo watched, she put on the Wonderbra and adjusted it.

Looking down herself, Sky saw that for the first time in her life, she had cleavage. Sky presented Lazlo with a new little nape skin pouch. Tears of joy filled her eyes as she hugged Lazlo so hard she almost crushed him. She knew that she could be hetero now and entirely devoted to Lazlo, she no longer needed to search for cleavage somewhere else.

Somewhere in Carroll County, a No:ah drowned the last unicorn on Earth. "Moron," he muttered.

Cue credits and music: "We'll Meet Again."
    Last edited by rugerpc; 01-26-2013 at 10:19 AM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!
    Lexicon ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Epilogue during credits:

Davy Knowles woke up in a cold sweat. The leavings of most of a case of Natty Bo and not a few Pollock Johnnies strewn on the floor near the bed merely confirmed what he already suspected. An overindulgent night of Maryland dogs and beer had him dreaming again.

Glori Sass slept peacefully beside him. Davy got up to wash his face and stumbled on his Schefman voodoo doll, cursing it iconically...

Somewhere in Detroit, while working on a jingle for the new 2013 Corvette, Les felt a second unexplained pain in as many days...

The story closes with Bennett hard at work in his voodoo doll workshop. Joining the shelf of Shefman dolls were now Mike Garvey Dolls and Doc Bill dolls. Bennett chortles maniacally to himself as the scene fades.
    Last edited by rugerpc; 01-26-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance, but he's soooo missingpieces over them now!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Epilogue during credits....The story closes with Bennett hard at work in his voodoo doll workshop. Joining the line of Shefman doll were now Mike Garvey Dolls and Doc Bill dolls. Bennett chortles maniacally to himself as the scene fades.

Bennett chortles maniacally to himself as the scene fades.

In order of sequence above... The Shefman doll, the Mike Garvey Dolls and the Doc Bill dolls. Last scene would be a quick snap of myself at work.
    Last edited by docbennett; 01-26-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Bennett...

Davy Knowles slumped back into bed sleepily. "It was all a dream," he muttered to himself as he gave a small pat to Gloria Sass on Gloria's ass.
    Thbbbbbt...

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    And, so the denouement of the zombies. There were a surplus of unicorns. Not too many rainbows, however.
    Wherever there are unicorns, there are rainbows.

You know what is going to be great? Every time that Davey Knowles and Dave Grissom are googled, they may show up in this thread. I'd love to see the expression on some guy's face who'se trying to Google some information on one of those guitarists and winds up with this thread.
    if the search parameters are right, they won't have to wait long...

Thbbbbbt...

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    It's been fun chaps!

So, Lazlo got Autumn after all, Davey got some Gloria Sass, the bad guys where defeated and PRS was saved and got to NAMM. The way all good stories should end!

My Voodoo doll needs a little more padding around the stomach area!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post
    My Voodoo doll needs a little more padding around the stomach area!
    Les's voodoo doll is kinda cool. My voodoo doll evidently has multiple personalities...
    Thbbbbbt...

Mike, Ruger -- you guys made this a lot of fun! Great writing!

And what would life be like without a critic (looking at you, Bennett )?

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Mike, Ruger -- you guys made this a lot of fun! Great writing!

So, what's next, Les?
    Thbbbbbt...

So, what's next, Les?
    I dunno...maybe a recording project? What say you, Ruger?

Banned
    Not intentional my friends...It was more of a "sideline commentary" as the experts went about their business.

Last edited by docbennett; 01-27-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Not intentional my friends...It was more of a "sideline commentary" as the experts went about their business.
    More like Mystery Science Theater...

So, what's next, Les?
    I dunno...maybe a recording project? What say you, Ruger?
    ME record something? My chops aren't chopped yet.... (what ya got in mind?)
    Thbbbbbt...

ME record something? My chops aren't chopped yet.... (what ya got in mind?)
    Chops? Not to worry.

Good musical parts can be made with whole and half notes just as as well as with 32nd notes. In fact, think about what a great guitar part the "Satisfaction" hook is. An interesting melodic idea, repeated. Simple to play.

I'd rather listen to something like that than a bunch of meaningless noodling, wouldn't you?

Anyway, I was thinking maybe I'd create a backing track and let people play on it, after I finish a couple of projects.

Banned
    [QUOTE=LSchefman;45252]Chops? Not to worry. Good musical parts can be made with whole and half notes just as as well as with 32nd notes. In fact, think about what a great guitar part the "Satisfaction" hook is. An interesting melodic idea, repeated. Simple to play. I'd rather listen to something like that than a bunch of meaningless noodling, wouldn't you? Anyway, I was thinking maybe I'd create a backing track and let people play on it, after I finish a couple of projects.[/QUOTE]

My idea.....based on your excellent idea above, Les....

I am not familiar with DAW and with any type of editing of sound tracks, I will ask you if this would be do-able....what about if a bunch of us agreed on a classic rock song ( Kinda like when Ruger did his "Aqualung bit" to provide some musical background to our story) and we all play it....then someone (NOT ME!!!) edits it so that the final product has a whole bunch of people playing the song...kinda like, 15 seconds of each of us, at a time, so that the final version is a standard "classic Rock song" that has a dozen people contributing in 15 second blocks. I imagine the editing would be the tricky part, and I have no idea how that would be done. However, if we can get a group of people to agree on a classic tune (requirements...has to be popular enough that everyone on the forum would be somewhat familiar with it) it would be fun to watch a video that changed guitarists every 15 seconds or so, with the final cut being a relatively smooth version of the song performed in sequence by a whole lot of us.

Am I being clear? Is this something you guys would be interested in....and, above all...is it "do-able"???

Chops? Not to worry.

Good musical parts can be made with whole and half notes just as as well as with 32nd notes. In fact, think about what a great guitar part the "Satisfaction" hook is. An interesting melodic idea, repeated. Simple to play.

I'd rather listen to something like that than a bunch of meaningless noodling, wouldn't you?

Anyway, I was thinking maybe I'd create a backing track and let people play on it, after I finish a couple of projects.
    Oh! I feel a cyber-jam coming on...

My idea.....it would be fun to watch a video that changed guitarists every 15 seconds or so, with the final cut being a relatively smooth version of the song performed in sequence by a whole lot of us.

Am I being clear? Is this something you guys would be interested in....and, above all...is it "do-able"???
    Paging CRGTR... Paging CRGTR.... CRGTR to the Unicorn thread please....
    Thbbbbbt...