Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Design on a Dimebag.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    The back, we wanna see the back, bro!
    I'm always ready to give you a shot of my backside Bill.

You will have to excuse the glare, but in person there really appears to be quite a bit of figure in the mahogany. One of the cool things about CE's were if I understand correctly, that they were made from material that fit outside the PRS grading system. The top was kinda plain and still had some of the bluish stain in some areas so doing something like Vintage Yellow was out of the question, I chose a natural back only because of time constraints, and am kinda psyched about the natural... so I got that going for me, which is nice.

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Lookin' good! Sergio Blanc with a natural back seems like a no-brainer to me!

Do be aware that the term "leprechaun" has some, er, emotional baggage for the old-timers, so be careful about throwing it around.

Props to you, Sergio! That is looking like one heck of a great rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Squid View Post
    Lookin' good! Sergio Blanc with a natural back seems like a no-brainer to me!

Do be aware that the term "leprechaun" has some, er, emotional baggage for the old-timers, so be careful about throwing it around.
    Ha! I'm sure Hans knows I would never compare him to that fellow from Las Vegas. I don't think it's fair that he has ruined the reputation of the fine Leprechaun citizens around the world, I have friends who are Leprechauns and hold them in the highest esteem!

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Props to you, Sergio! That is looking like one heck of a great rescue.
    Thanks Les! I'm hoping it will fill the void I have for single coiled tones, I'm sure you understand the need.

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Ha! I'm sure Hans knows I would never compare him to that fellow from Las Vegas. I don't think it's fair that he has ruined the reputation of the fine Leprechaun citizens around the world, I have friends who are Leprechauns and hold them in the highest esteem!
    You knew what I was on about. Good man!!!

Man you're making me want to sand the back of my CU22 soapy and make it a natural back. Awesome work!

Looking good!
    -Bob

I'm always ready to give you a shot of my backside Bill.

You will have to excuse the glare, but in person there really appears to be quite a bit of figure in the mahogany. One of the cool things about CE's were if I understand correctly, that they were made from material that fit outside the PRS grading system. The top was kinda plain and still had some of the bluish stain in some areas so doing something like Vintage Yellow was out of the question, I chose a natural back only because of time constraints, and am kinda psyched about the natural... so I got that going for me, which is nice.
    Woo hoo! lookin' good...

and it's the dancing girl's backsides I really want to see. Serg....
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Hahaha
    Shawn - PTC and Sergio are turning out too many white guitars this week - we may need to change the colorscheme of the 7 hahahah
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Updates?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Updates?
    I just moved over the weekend and need to find the box with my camera in it, but there are some new thing happening!

I've painted guitar or two in my youth. I can say that it's certainly not as easy as one might think. From the looks of it, you're doing a bang up job. Pics look good so far!
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

It would seem that baking the guitar in my old apartments bathroom has significantly speed up the curing time for the poly finish. I have painted guitars before and let them sit for thirty days and still wound up with "soft" spots, I honestly did not think I would have been able to get around to sanding and polishing this until the end of this month, but when it's dry, it's dry!

First things first, let me say what a wonderful job the robots at the PRS factory do at maintaining ABSOLUTE precision when it comes to cutting these suckers out. I will be the first to admit I that I have not really lusted after any of the guitars made after 1994, mainly because of the subtle changes made to the pattern when they switched over to CNC machines. I still think the control divots look to "janky" and big, but the neck pocket on this CE is out of this world TIGHT! I had to make sure there was NO poly in the neck pocket just to get this sucker to slide in, my 93 CE 24 will expand and contract depending on the weather but in this dryer than dry winter.... well I'm impressed, and will pull the foot out of my mouth and concede that I was, um, "misguided" shall we say. I did purposely leave a little paint in the divots, and did a very very minor sanding job around the two bottom most divots to "mellow" out the crater-ish feel to them. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

I really wanted this to have the thinest coat of paint and poly as I could get away with, I used less than one whole can of spray poly on the entire body, so my grand total of cash invested in this part of the project is way under $40 US. That includes the $20 I payed for the buffing compound and the sandpaper, the PTC can whip me blind on every facet of repair, finish, experience and reconstruction, but nobody can beat my prices! (or the great time I had doing it.)

OK. No buffing wheel for me, no attachment for my power drill, I polished this baby like I do all of my wood; BY HAND! (sorry) Sure there is a little peel if you look deeply into the Blanc top, yeah there is a reason nobody uses a vibrating palm sander when doing finish work, but I mean for $40 sprayed in front of an open window and hallway of an apartment, in the middle of the winter, in freezing temperatures.... I'm pleased enough to invoke the word: Bangin'!

Sorry for the crappy pics, but I was mostly trying to convey the fact that it's shinny, smooth, reflective, and with very little to no texture. The back ain't perfect but I will most likely scratch the hell out of it while wearing a rhinestone belt or something equally ridiculous. Oh! and I put my first scratch in it while screwing the neck on, so I got that out of the way already!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Next up: Have you ever wondered what a sealed bag of original gold shared D&G winged tuners smells like? I have, and I will find out tomorrow.

That's looks great!
    Can't wait to see it finished.

Nicely done Sergio, I can't wait to see her strung up

Very nice! Great job!
    -Bob

Next up: Have you ever wondered what a sealed bag of original gold shared D&G winged tuners smells like? I have, and I will find out tomorrow.
    Christmas Tree?

Oh wait... you said a bag of tuners.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by dbonanno View Post
    That's looks great!
    Can't wait to see it finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Nicely done Sergio, I can't wait to see her strung up
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    Very nice! Great job!
    Thanks guys! I'm rounding the bend, I hope to have her together by Valentines Day.

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Christmas Tree?

Oh wait... you said a bag of tuners.
    I've had Acapulco Gold, so my expectations of Schaller German Gold are pretty high....