Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Design on a Dimebag.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I've had Acapulco Gold, so my expectations of Schaller German Gold are pretty high....
    You have to be careful opening and sniffing a vintage tuner bag; it's like opening an ancient sealed tomb. There could be ancient microbes, spells, curses for disturbing the sacred contents, and who knows what-all.

I'd wear rubber gloves and a surgical mask before even attempting it.

Then again, I just like to wear rubber gloves and a surgical mask.

So a guy goes to his family Doctor and says "I'm worried about VD."

The Doctor asked him what he uses for protection so the guy replies "a condom and rubber gloves."

The Doctor, puzzled by the response, asks him how is partner feels about that.

The guy looks at the Doctor with some degree of puzzlement - cocks his heads sideways - and says "Partner?"
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    So a guy goes to his family Doctor and says "I'm worried about VD."

The Doctor asked him what he uses for protection so the guy replies "a condom and rubber gloves."

The Doctor, puzzled by the response, asks him how is partner feels about that.

The guy looks at the Doctor with some degree of puzzlement - cocks his heads sideways - and says "Partner?"
    Hahaha! I love that one. Gotta remember it.

Nice!! Yeah, it's possible to bake on a finish for sure. My old house had a garage that faced to the west, and in the summers, in the heat of the afternoon with the sun baring down on it, it would be 110-115 outside and 125-130 in the garage. I sprayed a tele body once using Deft lacquer and put on about two full cans' worth and hung it in the garage. In three days I checked it and it was totally solid. Could have been ready in less time that that, I don't know.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Nice!! Yeah, it's possible to bake on a finish for sure. My old house had a garage that faced to the west, and in the summers, in the heat of the afternoon with the sun baring down on it, it would be 110-115 outside and 125-130 in the garage. I sprayed a tele body once using Deft lacquer and put on about two full cans' worth and hung it in the garage. In three days I checked it and it was totally solid. Could have been ready in less time that that, I don't know.
    I mean, it was kinda what I was hoping for, but I was real surprised as to how well it worked out. Last year I painted a Tele (another teal/blue guitar) and waited 30 days, but when I placed it against a towel to start buffing it left an indentation in the pattern of the towel in the finish. I don't know if this time I had luck on my side, or if I have started to learn somethin'!

Pickups are on the way!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Serg - you need to PM me your address if you want that gold jackplate...
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Pickups are on the way!
    Bangin' Mike! I'm so psyched! Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Serg - you need to PM me your address if you want that gold jackplate...
    I thought I did, I'll send it again though, thanks!!!!!

Great stuff Sergio!

Quote Originally Posted by t.shamone View Post
    Great stuff Sergio!
    Thanks buddy! You must know that if I didn't have so little time, and so much blue stain left in the top that I couldn't risk removing any more of, there would be a familiar motif in relation to something you own.

On the other hand, the next beat up natural colored CE I find will have roots to the boots!

There are some guys who get excited about fancy tops, then there are those guys that wax poetic about brazilian necks, and then there are the dudes who get geeked about the labels on their pickups, so I don't feel too creepy admitting to my fetish for winged tuners.

[IMG][/IMG]

I opened the bag of unmolested, brand new, hermetically sealed, straight from Germany, gold winged Schaller PRS tuners, and it was filled with the aroma of german precision and freshly found freedom. You see, these shared D&G tuners are marked "Made in Germany" and I have it on very good authority that these were crafted the very next day after "The Wall Came Down". So there's that.

To my surprise I found that there were no "special" D and G tuners. The ones in my set were just three per side, and posted another form of project that was going to have to happen, along with the possibility that I could F*** up an object of such personal desire...... cool.

As my totally blurry pictures will show, something needed to be ground off. So I waited until I was in a "designing" mood and news of a snow/rain/ice storm before heading to my father's semi-abandoned-unheated garage with my gumby gold tuners. I measured them in my mind and did not bring the neck or anything else that could be useful, no phone pics, not even a tracing of them on construction paper made with crayons.... I'm a genius.

I'm wet from slush that's turning to snow in a cold garage, and grind these sucka's down. and get home.

After I give them a light de-burring, I place them on my neck and begin my ultimate adult Lego fantasy. I ground down just enough for them to fit perfectly, I install E-clips, wings, and the screws, while getting even more psyched about this guitar.

Within minutes of my first post about this project I got a PM from Hans asking about my Orange, and what, if anything did I need to make this guitar happen. He will swear up and down all day that he offered me a fair deal, but in the end I know that what he sent me was really a gift, so I need to publicly state what an amazing fellow I feel he is. Thank you so much buddy!

So the question of the theme should be: Silver or Gold?

or Both?

Mini bridge project will be next.....

Two things, my man:
    1) I am stoked to see your guitar come to fruition. Go for the mixed (gold/nickel) vibe.
    2) I am humbled by your comments. I love the amp. I hope the bag of goodies serves you as we'll as the amp will serve me.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 02-09-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    One Life

What a great project you have going here. Want to do the same thing myself but don't see me finding a project guitar like yours.

Can't wait to see the finished results!

Thanks for this great thread. It's looking good. I'm waiting for the next installment...

Goldtop LPC
    'And the answer is... none. None more Gold.'

Two things, my man:
    1) I am stoked to see your guitar come to fruition. Go for the mixed (gold/nickel) vibe.
    2) I am humbled by your comments. I love the amp. I hope the bag of goodies serves you as we'll as the amp will serve me.
    I call dibs on that amp

Two things, my man:
    Thank you again homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Drastion View Post
    What a great project you have going here. Want to do the same thing myself but don't see me finding a project guitar like yours.

Can't wait to see the finished results!
    Thanks man, it took me a long time to get my first PRS and even longer to get me second. (almost twenty years!) Keep looking and something will find its way to you when the time is right, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Thanks for this great thread. It's looking good. I'm waiting for the next installment...

Goldtop LPC
    Thanks Lloyd, you shouldn't have to wait too long.

Jackplate should be there veeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy soon...
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    Jackplate should be there veeeerrrrrrrryyyyyy soon...
    So soon it came yesterday!

Bangin' - to coin a phrase...
    Thbbbbbt...

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Fantastic job!