Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Design on a Dimebag.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Well... I was about to make another wise crack about that bridge photo but...

Wow! Excellent job and it looks classy to boot! I wasn't sure when I heard about mixing gold and nickel before but.. It works.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Thanks so much for the kind words guys, I can't believe it's actually done already.

Hans, thanks for everything. The mixed hardware idea of yours really has me psyched about the look, and the wingers were a really important feature for me. Getting to open a fresh bag of those guys is an experience I will always remember, and a joy I can't really explain to anybody else but you guys.

themike, your generous gift of the McCarty pickups totally changed the direction I was planning on going in. The time constraints I put on myself for this project along with the incredible gifts I received made me realize that this guitar has a will of its own. Thank you my friend, I will never forget what you have done for me ,and I am having a hard time discarding the envelope that you sent with the words: "Sergio Tech Center" on it, I can't wait to thank you in person.

Bill (rugerpc), I so enjoyed our PMing during the DGT election's that it means so much to me to have your old jack plate. Everytime I do the ol' "in and out" with this guitar I will think of you!

Shawn, thanks for the encouragement and praise. It was a big deal to have to do this in front of everybody here, it made me step my game up and try to do my best knowing that if I S#!t the bed I would be doing it in public. Doing it in front of you, and knowing how you must see the most insane workmanship on a daily basis made me really "nut up", and I can say this is the best job in guitar rescue I have ever done. No worries though, I could never compete with the job the PTC does and I most certainly won't be stealing any business!!!

For everybody else who offered encouragement and praise, thank you! I did this in the middle of the worst heartbreak I have ever experienced, you will notice my tone was pretty "matter of fact" at the beginning and not my usual free-spirited smart-ass attitude. Having a project of this magnitude while moving and seeing my whole life's plan change made getting my second PRS in twenty years pretty bittersweet, sharing and getting such positive feedback really helped my attitude.

So there are a couple of details I should share; the electronics are set up as vol/vol/ 3way, the McBass is set up as a single coil only and sounds great. I was going for a Tele kind of vibe, and I'm really digging it so far. The WF neck feels great and I'm sure in a week or two I won't miss those last two frets, and I'm really digging the more "vintage" tones that are coming out of it in comparison to my other PRS, I just know this one is going to get played a lot!

A little while back I started a "deal breaker" thread where I said blue guitars were an absolute no-no for me, I no longer feel that way and am growing as a person.... Now I just look for blue PRS and wonder what one would look like with a white back and a gold top!

Sergio, Congrats..looks amazing. I am blowin away by the job you did on that especially under the circumstances (using a bathroom to dry the paint, brilliant!)

And to everybody who donated to Sergio..you guys are awesome!
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Quote Originally Posted by slang05 View Post
    And to everybody who donated to Sergio..you guys are awesome!
    Much agreed! This is the one true "Forum Guitar".
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Hey Sergio, nice rescue. If you want to add a little more hybrid vibe, send me your address, and I'll send you some gold polepiece screws to complete the look.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

Thanks guys!

Brad, your offer is welcomed and appreciated! I really only need six, but let me start my own Pay It Forward thread, I feel like I have to give back before I can accept any more good karma, I have been so lucky lately!

YES!!!
    Not like the other kids...

Man, Sergio! You rocked the crap out of that. It looks awesome.

Awesome awesome job Sergio!! As a fellow fan of CE goodness and white guitars.....the "blanc" CE is just too cool! Play the s*&^ out of her bro!

We're still waiting for a "Tone Report" video for this one.

Anytime my friend!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    We're still waiting for a "Tone Report" video for this one.
    As soon as Doc's video thread takes off I will try and learn how to make a video, for now the world is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Anytime my friend!

Bravo!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Nice work Serg. The CE looks great.

Thanks!!!!

Yeah! Same here... Awesome job... Like those PU rings...

Nice work! Its great you made it all your own. Looks unique and all the colors really work together. Congratulations on a completing your project with results you can be proud of.

Fanastic work under the conditions you did it in. Hopefully I wilk be able to try my hand at a project like that and have it come out half as good as yours.

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    When I'm rich an famous, I want my car to look like this guitar. This supersexy guitar.
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.