Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PRS STORE LOVE

Ordering that new shirt today. Maybe a hoodie or something too.

Black shirt, orange shirt, hoodie, and flag.

I tried putting in my Gibson SG and Fernandes guitars for a few more,. and the Santana slid off the couch and landed perfectly upright on its bottom button strap lock.
    It did not fall over, as the bottom of the couch had the neck leaning against it then.
    Guitar seems to be fine.
    If I am going to display guitars again on the couch, I need to get something to slip just under the base to wedge it still.
    Just got the love seat yesterday, a little slippery

The flag will go on the wall to the right of the picture hanging there, that will also be where my custom guitar case cabinet will go that is being built for me.

Just got some new PRS swag. Thought I'd share the haul. Got the newly released shirts and a hoodie I didn't have. Love the PRS loot!

Plank Owner

Just got some new PRS loot so I thought I'd share.

The back plate of my Charcoal Cherry Burst monster was used for Opeth signatures which I plan on framing so I needed a replacement.

I really like the bird straps and didn't have it in brown so I scored one of these as well.
    Plank Owner

My birthday is coming up and I likes the looks of those bird straps as well... My gf is on externship and I'm watching her cat, and a package arrived at her place today that I'm going to pretend is 3 feet worth of laffy taffy sent to me courtesy of Paul Reed Smith Guitars.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Nice stuff

The PRS store always has quality goods. Not sure if I've said this before, but you guys really ought to sell posters. For example, there was an ad from a few years ago of a Mira(Starla?) sitting in a martini glass, which if was poster size, I would frame and hang in my music room in an instant. Others too.

Got my strap this weekend, wasn't sure what color I was gonna get but she got me the brown, which turned out great because the birds really "pop" on that color. Feels great, nice and soft. Not super long though, had to adjust it to the last loop to get it to fit the way I like. Was planning on using it with my Akesson, but it looks killer with this one too:

When I opened the package, she was pretty floored by the strap, and mentioned how cool it would be if there was a belt with the same pattern... and I would have to agree!

She also got me the Dimarzio... what a gal. Of course, Shawn had to go and announce the \m/ pickups the day after she asked me what I wanted for my birthday, what a jerk! But in all honesty, I wanted to stick with black bobbins on this guitar so it's just as well. Guess I'll just have to get another axe to put a set of \m/'s in...
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

How do you guys like the padded PRS straps? They work well with the stock PRS screws? I ordered a thicker padded strap a month or so ago and had to return it cause I couldn't take it on and off well. It was a pita to get around that wide PRS screw!

I've been eyeing that wide Bird strap too! How you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    How do you guys like the padded PRS straps? They work well with the stock PRS screws? I ordered a thicker padded strap a month or so ago and had to return it cause I couldn't take it on and off well. It was a pita to get around that wide PRS screw!

I've been eyeing that wide Bird strap too! How you like it?
    I have 3 of them...black, tan, red. They are all pretty tough to get over the peg. I will use other straps because of it. I should take the time to stretch them out a bit.
    Plank Owner

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Just open the strap up a little with a razor blade or exacto knife and you'll be good to go...

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    Just open the strap up a little with a razor blade or exacto knife and you'll be good to go...
    I do this with thicker straps as well. Just a touch extra works fine.

The soft PRS bird straps are easier and need no lengthening of the buttonhole.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post
    Tried that with the last one and it did fit around but the doubled (tripled?) up leather was just a bit too thick to fit nicely unfortunately. This was not a PRS strap tho.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I do this with thicker straps as well. Just a touch extra works fine.

The soft PRS bird straps are easier and need no lengthening of the buttonhole.
    Which ones are the softer ones? Is that like the Wide Tan Bird one above? Or the Suede ones in the shop?

I've been out of town for a few days, so have had my mail stopped. Should have a nice PRS merch box arriving today!

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuitars View Post
    I've been out of town for a few days, so have had my mail stopped. Should have a nice PRS merch box arriving today!
    Excellent. What did you get?
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Excellent. What did you get?
    Bunch of stuff... shirts, beer glasses, backpack...

Bunch of stuff... shirts, beer glasses, backpack...
    That's how to do it!
    Plank Owner

Bunch of stuff...beer glasses...
    I sometimes have beer goggles.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I just pulled the trigger on some items earlier today... Lookin forward to my first goodie shipment!

Oh what's this?

More PRS STORE LOVE obviously!!!
    Plank Owner