Thread: Newbie sorry

Newbie sorry

Hey guys ( and gals) I'm new to the site and new to PRS. I'm usually an Ibanez guy ( forgive me for I have sinned ) I have a 1990 RG 550 that I love. Anywho, I'm in the process of getting my first PRS. I've always loved them from afar. But, I'm a poor working soul so my first PRS will be an SE Custom. I bought one from Guitar Center ( 2008 SE) and really like it. BUT I'm looking at the 25th anniversary SE and can get one used for a little more. Now, I read that the 25th anniversary ones come with HFS pick ups. How do those compare to the ones that are put in the "high dollar" ones? What other differences are there between a 25th SE and a reg SE? Is it worth paying 100-150 more ? Thanks

Buehler? Buehler?

Quote Originally Posted by nofear18 View Post
    Hey guys ( and gals) I'm new to the site and new to PRS. I'm usually an Ibanez guy ( forgive me for I have sinned ) I have a 1990 RG 550 that I love. Anywho, I'm in the process of getting my first PRS. I've always loved them from afar. But, I'm a poor working soul so my first PRS will be an SE Custom. I bought one from Guitar Center ( 2008 SE) and really like it. BUT I'm looking at the 25th anniversary SE and can get one used for a little more. Now, I read that the 25th anniversary ones come with HFS pick ups. How do those compare to the ones that are put in the "high dollar" ones? What other differences are there between a 25th SE and a reg SE? Is it worth paying 100-150 more ? Thanks
    The 25th anni's are the first ones with birds. They also have redesigned pups. The 2008 pups will be good but not great. Many people would upgrade the pups with some after market ones of their choice. With the new SE pups they have less reason to upgrade. I have a 25th Anni Cu24 with the SE HFS/VB ups and I did replace them with USA HFS/VB pups and to my ears the SE's are about 80% of the USA ones. It ins't a big leap forward but it is noticiable. The newer SE pups are certainly better than the 2008 ones. IMO it is worth the added money. Here is mine.

Good luck,
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2008 Mira, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2012 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

If I get the American HFS to upgrade, how can I tell they are real?

Quote Originally Posted by nofear18 View Post
    If I get the American HFS to upgrade, how can I tell they are real?
    The sticker. Welcome to the club! SE's kick ass.
    One Life