Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call of Locations

I was born and raised in Tamms, IL. I now live in O'Fallon, MO.

Check out Tamms, IL.
    The short version is it's one of the poorest towns in the poorest county of one of the worst run states in the nation.
    It is also home to the Tamms Correctional Center which was recently shut down by the governor due to budget cuts.

BUT...I made it out...of prison...just kidding...the town!

Check out O'Fallon, MO.
    The short version is it's been voted one of the best 100 places to live by Money magazine a few times.
    It is home to MasterCard's Global Technology and Operations Center and CITI Mortgage HQ.

Both are too far away from the PRS factory!

Great thread Shawn. Maryland is also known for this.

I am from Detroit, Michigan, a city founded in 1701 by Antoine De La Mothe Cadillac.

But I knew Antoine back in the day, when his last name was still Cohn. He changed it to Cadillac because he liked the car. He had a sidekick named Fleetwood, and together they decided to explore the Great Lakes and establish a settlement for French traders. Their boat had the first tail fins.

Here's a shot of one of Detroit's nicest buildings, though it's a little run down today:

Madison, Wisconsin. We are the capital. Land of beer, cheese and brats. As a city, extremely diverse and eclectic on pretty much all fronts. It's a nice city to live in. Outside of the city, there's a lot of damn cows. We are the dairy state.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Madison, Wisconsin. We are the capital. Land of beer, cheese and brats. As a city, extremely diverse and eclectic on pretty much all fronts. It's a nice city to live in. Outside of the city, there's a lot of damn cows. We are the dairy state.
    I lived in Madison back in the early 90's, graduated from Jefferson..Love Madison, it's a huge melting pot! GREAT city!

I'm in Springfield MO now just 30 miles from Branson..Springfield is in the heart of the Ozarks! Beautiful area
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

My PRS: '03 McCarty Tobacco Sunburst w/ Lollar Imperials

My music blog: http://www.theheavyduty.com

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I am from Detroit, Michigan, a city founded in 1701 by Antoine De La Mothe Cadillac.

But I knew Antoine back in the day, when his last name was still Cohn. He changed it to Cadillac because he liked the car. He had a sidekick named Fleetwood, and together they decided to explore the Great Lakes and establish a settlement for French traders. Their boat had the first tail fins.

Here's a shot of one of Detroit's nicest buildings, though it's a little run down today:

Detroit...lets not forget Jerome Bettis (Da Bus)

From Carroll County, Maryland...piece and quiet , and not to far from a guitar shop!!!! (sorry, mixing threads...) Barber Pedals are Maryland Made, right...love their Small Fry Distortion.

Home is a few towns north of Toronto, near some of the best farming soil in the world - the result of ice age glaciers scraping off top soil from hundreds of miles and leaving it at the end of their southerly advance.
    And I spend enough time in central PA that I keep half a dozen guitars there.

Born in D.C., raised in MD (Montgomery County), where I've lived pretty much my entire life, except while in school (College Park, MD and Philadelphia) and the time I lived in Columbia, MD during my residency...

I don't get out much...

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Born and raised in West Seattle, WA., and now live about 20 miles South in Auburn.
    Closer to the mountains where I like to camp, but not to far away from work either where the Boeing 737 jets are built.
    I work about 5 miles from the main plant at the simulator center and corporate offices.

And I work about 2 miles from a PRS dealer

Many a great band has also come out of the Seattle area too.
    Hemantooth mentioned Soundgarden, but also Heart, Nirvana, Queensryche, Hendrix, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, and many more.

Still a Junior Member Albrecht Smuten's Avatar
    I'm from Prague, Czech Republic.
    The really cool thing about Prague is the architecture, which is being compared to those of Paris and Rome and London, but that's about it. Sorry for being bitter here, but we suck in general. We were always occupied by some other country and ever since we got our freedom, we're led by the criminal elite, our government representatives' business partners are shooting each other, everyone is trying to snatch the biggest piece of the pie. People are small minded, scared and prepared to lick any boot that's shiny enough. The land of corruption. Everyone of any value went abroad, be it Jaromir Jagr, Milos Forman, Milan Kundera or Jan Hammer.

Even the beer got crappy.

I mean, look at Poland - they've had it even worse in the past and now they are making Mayonse guitars, praised by many, and have at least one decent progrock band that I know of (Riverside). What have we got?

Sorry again, I had to get it out… I'm optimist though and really believe that the next generation will have bigger balls than the previous one.
    Last edited by Albrecht Smuten; 01-24-2013 at 06:57 AM.
    Love for all human beings is like listening to any kind of music. You just don't care.
    The 3-Mike-7 devotee.

Banned
    Living in Northern NJ for the past 26 years....by way of (as Ed Norton would say) "The Garden spot of the world....Brooklyn, USA".

Origninally from Annapolis, Maryland. Now I live in Murray, KY. We're in the far western part of the state (well, commonwealth actually). The Land Between the Lakes National Recreation area is about 20 minutes from here. Nashville is a quick 2 hour drive, Memphis is 3, St. Louis is 3.5. Oddly, they're all closer than Louisville or Lexington. I've been here 17 years after stops in Kansas City, MO and Ann Arbor, MI.

Originally from a little town in East Tennessee called Sneedeville. Home of Doyle Lawson and jimmy martin.

Now I live in Yale ,VA south of Petersburg.
    2007 Korina McCarty Brazilian
    S2 Custom 24
    SE Bernie Marsden
    SE Custom Semi-Hollow Body
    SE245

Note to self...Must go to the Hofbrauhaus in KW...

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian PRSGUY View Post
    I forgot we also host the largest beer fest outside of Germany

It's a pretty good time
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

Do good work, Corey!

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Born and raised in West Seattle, WA., and now live about 20 miles South in Auburn...where the Boeing 737 jets are built.

I work about 5 miles from the main plant at the simulator center and corporate offices.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian PRSGUY View Post
    Well I'm from Canada and live in Kitchener-Waterloo or K-W.

There are a few things this city is known for

BlackBerry started here and employs a huge number of people in the region. BB10 is due for release on Jan 30 with a number of activities in the area.

This guy if from the area he's got some street credit. I work with a guy that used to be part of his entourage. For the people who don't know this is LL Lennox Lewis world boxing heavy weight champ....he gave Tyson a lickin!

This kid lived 30 minutes away he's kinda of famous. His bat mobile is seen quite bit of action on the streets of KW as his father lives here and has his car. Picture included of local police pulling his dad over...yes local news picked up on it and made it news:/ I don't know him but I do know what he does and did for local charities and I got nothing bad to say about him

These 3 vehicle's are made here this is the first and only Lexus to be made outside of Japan (this is a huge honor)

This man's ex wife is also from Kitchener as well. I really was blown away when Paul told me this in 1998 and offered different scenic routes to take home. Paul told me he loved bringing Cuban mahogany back with him when visited as there was no trade agreement at the time with the U.S.

I forgot we also host the largest beer fest outside of Germany

It's a pretty good time
    You only live 30 minutes from me lol

DO NOT FORGET KITCHENER BLUES FESTIVAL. That's a really great time and some big names come up ...Stevie Vaughan was a blast too see.

Shawn,
    Here's another flag pic for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    A couple of the other threads made me realize how widespread and diverse our membership is. I know we have members from all over the globe, so tell us a little bit about your home. Don't be afraid to post some pics.

Maryland has the Atlantic Ocean to our east and the Appalachian, Blue Ridge and other mountains to our west with the Chesapeake Bay splitting the state in the middle. We are one of the original 13 colonies.
    The borders between Maryland and Pennsylvania/Delaware form the Mason Dixon line.
    Francis Scott Key composed the US National Anthem after witnessing a naval battle in Baltimore Harbor during the war of 1812.
    The land was originally inhabited by Algonquian-speaking natives including the Piscataway, Chopticans, Potopacs, Patuxents, and Nacotchtanks indians.
    We are famous for our Maryland Blue Crabs and Oysters harvested from the Bay.

Maryland flag

Maryland postcard

Maritime culture