Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Call of Locations

Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    Shawn,
    Here's another flag pic for you:

That's fantastic!

I may be bias, but I think Maryland has one of the coolest state flags in the country.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    That's fantastic!

I may be bias, but I think Maryland has one of the coolest state flags in the country.
    Shawn...are you Cathode biased or fixed biased????

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    That's fantastic!

Absolutely - your flag looks more like a european Futbol teams jersey than a state flag! haha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Spent my life in NY/DC but my journey has taken me to Delaware, which is a pretty boring state. Most folks here like it that way. It's the home of the three C's--corporations, chemicals and chickens. In fact, the local saying is that there are more chickens than people in Delaware.

I'm outside of Minneapolis, MN. If you want to know what it's like, jump in a deep freeze and close the lid....it was a HIGH of -5 degrees here yesterday....
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Absolutely - your flag looks more like a european Futbol teams jersey than a state flag! haha
    The flag was taken from the Calvert family coat of arms. George Calvert was the first Lord of Baltimore and received a land grant from King James I of England.

I would be remiss not to mention a couple more things about my adopted home state.

The Triple Crown of horse racing consists of three races. A horse must win all three races in the same year to be the Triple Crown winner. The Kentucky Derby (Kentucky), The Preakness Stakes (Maryland) and The Belmont Stakes (New York).

Also, we have the world famous Johns Hopkins hospital, one of the finest medical institutions in the world. PRS has worked very closely with Hopkins for many years raising money for cancer research.

Checking in from NashVegas! TwangVille USA!!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

2013 LP R9 VOS
    2012 P22, IRW
    2013 SG Standard VOS
    Suhr PT 100 Amp, Forte 212 Cab
    Marshall Vintage Modern and SL5, Fishman Loudbox

Arizona. The 48th State. The last territory in the lower 48 to become a state. We just turned 100 last year on Valentine's Day.

There are three Cs associated with Arizona. Cattle, Copper and Cotton.

Grand Canyon of course. If you've never seen it in person, the pictures you see just don't do it justice.

Here's a sunset pic I took just last month from my back yard. Sorry, it's kind of a bad cell phone pic. We get great sunsets from November to May.

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I'm originally from Jacksonville, FL. Home of Lynyrd Skynyrd, .38 Special, Molly Hatchet and Limp Bizkit. It is also the founding place of the Allman Brothers Band, but they skipped town and went to Macon, GA soon after. Other than that, it's the Gator Bowl, The Jaguars, the river and the beach.

I now rep Atlanta, living in Decatur, GA. Decatur was actually formed several years prior to Atlanta. The railroad company wanted to make Decatur the terminating point of the rail line, but the citizens said "No, thank you" because they didn't want the noise and pollution from the trains. So the railroad set up a site six miles west and Atlanta eventually grew up from there to usurp everything around it.

A lot of history around here from natives to the Civil War (a few key battles) and the Civil Rights Movement.

The home of Coca-Cola; the largest aquarium in the world: the Georgia Aquarium; Turner Broadcasting; major sports teams. The Walking Dead and quite a few other things are filmed around here.

Atlanta is a great music city. Tons of great acts in the region and there are always excellent artists coming through on tour to perform.

Decatur still retains its own identity. We have our own school system that serves only residents within the city limits. Downtown Decatur has a nice town square with the old courthouse, city hall, and tons of restaurants and boutique shops. Several festivals are hosted on the square each year, my favorite being the Decatur Beach Party. The city blocks off the main road and dumps truckloads of sand into the street.
    --Garrett--

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    From Warrington, UK, an average sized town which sits on the River Mersey between Liverpool and Manchester.

Some notable people from the town include Academy Award nominated actor Pete Postlethwaite. Pete was called the 'Worlds Best Actor' by none other that Steven Spielberg. Joseph Priestly lived here who helped discover Oxygen. Another notable name is Charles Lutwidge Dodgson who was born in a village nearby called Daresbury. Charles wrote under the pen name 'Lewis Caroll' and wrote Alice In Wonderland.

Warrington used to have a large UK / US airbase to the north called RAF Burtonwood which was used during the Second World War (The largest airfield in Europe at the time) and the Cold War.
    Burtonwood had some famous visitors during the war including Generals Eisenhower and Patton, Glenn Miller, Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, Jimmy Cagney, & Nat King Cole.

Warrington isn't particularly known as a hub of musical brilliance. Possibly because ten miles to the East and West we have the cities of Liverpool and Manchester!

Liverpool:

The Guiness World Records 'World Capitol Of Pop' (Having produced more number one singles than any other city) is an old Port city. The registered port of the ill fated RMS Titanic it served as a major port for centuries. As shipping and transatlantic voyages dwindled Liverpools economy suffered. It's seen something of a recovery over the past 10 - 20 years and is a great city to visit once more. Liverpool features a rather ordinary looking building called 'Oriel Chambers'. It was however, the prototype for the modern skyscraper. Americas first 'consulate' in the world was in Liverpool, such was it's importance. It's second only to London for damage suffered during the Blitz.

Some famous acts from Liverpool include John Lennon, Sir Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr AKA The Beatles who started their career at the Cavern Club (Which still exists as a venue, albeit rebuilt on the other side of the street.), Gerry & The Pacemakers & Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Manchester:

Like Warrington, and many other places in the UK, Manchest was founded by the Romans. It's growth was fuelled by the textile / cotton industry and the industrial revolution in the 1700's and grew to be the 'Greatest Industrial City In The World'. However, like Liverpool, it saw a major downturn in it's fortunes - particularly in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Manchester began a process of re-generation in the late 80's, however, on the 15th of June 1996 a huge IRA bomb destoyed and severly damaged the heart of the City. The re-generation began again and Manchester held the Commonwealth games and completely re-developed much of the centre. Manchester's 'Twin City' is Los Angeles.

Notable bands and artists from Manchester include:
    The Hollies (Including Graham Nash),
    The BeeGees,
    Barclay James Havest,
    10CC,
    Hermans Hermits,
    808 State,
    Buzzcocks,
    The Chemical Brothers,
    Elbow,
    Happy Mondays,
    The Fall,
    Inspiral Carpets,
    James,
    Joy Division,
    The Smiths,
    John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers,
    New Order,
    Oasis,
    Sad Cafe,
    Simply Red,
    The Stone Roses &
    Take That.

Manchester and Liverpool are home to some of the biggest football clubs in the world including Liverpool FC, Everton FC, Manchester City Fc and the biggest club in the world Manchester United.

Sandwiched between two great cities Warrington feels just a bit... Naff!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Nestled between Liverpool and Manchester, which football club do most Warringtonians support?

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    I think Man Utd gets the most support from the football fans, followed by Liverpool.

Warrington is home to the Warrington Wolves Rugby team so there's a lot of Rugby supporters... Possibly more than football fans.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

I live in Washington Iowa. South East corner of state. Washingtons motto, Cleanest City in Iowa! Mostly retired folks here, kinda keeps the fun stuff in check. Lots of corn and swine here too. If you ride, the best place to go is SW wisconsin. Great for a weekend trip. We used to have the biggest calendar factory in the usa, if you had a calendar on your wall in the 80s it came from McCleery-Cummins in Washington Iowa.

Gush - I grew up in Williamsburg, IA! Small world, my man!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

I am from Stevensville, MD. Here a few of the things I like about MD:

- Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Hey iahawk36, it is a small world. I worked at kinze as a welder for a while, lived in north english during that time. Where do you live now?

Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    I am from Stevensville, MD. Here a few of the things I like about MD:

One little wildfire Dane. Sure they found 10 acres of marijuana during the fire, but come on.

I live here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duncan View Post
    Shawn - don't forget that you all have the United States Naval Academy. Though from Virginia, the Academy has played a HUGE part in my life as both grandfathers are from the class of '44 and my Dad is out of '71. I won't mention my cousins from '95 and '97.

My nephew will be Class of '13, only four months to go.