Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Forum" Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    When ordering lunch for a large group of people, it is always easier to ask what the WON'T eat.

I love the idea of a 24.5" scale DC22 with Piezo and a pair of narrow 408's. Make it Vintage Yellow with just a hint of Amber added to the stain (so it looks aged) with a unique inlay (or no inlay at all) and I'd be on it like a hobo on a hot dog.

Did someone say nitro?

Neck carve would still have to be an option.
    You nailed it with this one, IMHO....of course, I'd go for the 59/09 pups.
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

For this to be worth doing, it has to be something you can't get from a production guitar (not forgetting about the Artist package).

There are a gazillion variations of the McCarty and the CU22/24 so I'd avoid those altogether.

The thing that would appeal to me would be some sort of unique configuration of a Ted McCarty. I'd say choice of pickups, add Signature switching, and two or three stains to choose from (preferably from the private stock list). I'd be open to SC or DC.

Hans, what you should do is brainstorm with a handful of people of your choosing and put out a proposal - people are either in or out.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Quote Originally Posted by hippietim View Post
    For this to be worth doing, it has to be something you can't get from a production guitar (not forgetting about the Artist package).

Hans, what you should do is brainstorm with a handful of people of your choosing and put out a proposal - people are either in or out.
    This and this.

Quote Originally Posted by hippietim View Post
    Let's bleed the pig a little more and then I'll re-read the thread to help shape that discussion. There are lots of members I'd still like to hear from.
    One Life

No ... But I would take a set of BRW coasters with paua bird inlays or PS eagle ...
    Last edited by wilerty; 01-25-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Bill

PRS Private Stock #3568
    PRS Swamp Ash Special
    Mesa Mark V combo
    Fishman Loudbox Artist

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilerty View Post
    No ... But I would take a set of BRW coaters with paua bird inlays or PS eagle ...
    I'll save every one else my moment of puzzlement, as I assume you meant "Coasters"

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    Out of my price range no matter what, but if there's a custom TRC comes out of it put me on the list!

Be very interesting to see what comes of this and how the final guitar may look.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I love the idea of a 24.5" scale DC22 with Piezo and a pair of narrow 408's. Make it Vintage Yellow with just a hint of Amber added to the stain (so it looks aged) with a unique inlay (or no inlay at all) and I'd be on it like a hobo on a hot dog.
    I'd do that.

I'm in for that too, as long as you drop the pizza. Not everyone's into it, plus it'll keep the price down.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    I'm in for that too, as long as you drop the pizza. Not everyone's into it, plus it'll keep the price down.
    Piezo option?
    One Life

Man, I could sure go for some pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Man, I could sure go for some pizza.
    What if it was Eriza Verde Green pizza?

There are some things that just don't work.

But piezo should be an option...
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Banned
    Leave the Pizza.....take the Piezo.

Or is it, Take the Piezo....leave the Pizza??

I'd like a piezo option. I don't need any pizza.

Pizza never sounds right direct or through an amp.

Well if it did happen it would be cool if it was special.... unique.... for people who bleed PRS day to day.

What about some CE's with 408s.... a totally unique model that you can't get.....

No. I have it. What about something like that limited run of 40 burl topped guitars. Why not make the forum guitar have a unique wood top and have the back hand signed 2013 PRS Forum Guitar.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Has anyone bothered to ask Mr PRS if he wants to make a forum guitar ??????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Well if it did happen it would be cool if it was special.... unique.... for people who bleed PRS day to day.

What about some CE's with 408s.... a totally unique model that you can't get.....

No. I have it. What about something like that limited run of 40 burl topped guitars. Why not make the forum guitar have a unique wood top and have the back hand signed 2013 PRS Forum Guitar.
    I like the idea of something unique. I even tried to find a way to work a deck of cards into the design.
    One Life

Pizza = piezo guys, thought that was a common nickname!

Pizza = piezo guys, thought that was a common nickname!
    Wasn't busting on you, it was dinner time and I was hungry.

Piezo is one thing I want and don't have, but I've also never sent anything to PTC for work, which I would also like to try, so I'm easy.

Should it be a "forum guitar with only color and tailpiece" options, or should there be a "forum collection" with several pieces of various configurations linked together with a common "forum" theme, such as headstock veneer and inlay?
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}