Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Forum" Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFly53 View Post
    I liked everything about it except the DC 22 body style. It needs to be the standard PRS body shape.... I think the Santana-esque shape is too far out of the box for us die hard PRS dudes. I personally can't get along with the short upper horn and where it puts the guitar while playing standing....

My 3 cents.....
    If you really think about it, that is a standard PRS body shape. Carlos has been with Paul since the beginning. I remember seeing a Whale Blue Santana Quilt in a Guitar World Magazine in 1986 or 87 and I fell in love.
    BDR-529

CLIMBING VINTAGE PRS MT.
    I'm in.

Oh man!!!! If only I had the cabbage!!!!! What you have described here is my DREAM GUITAR !!!! Man now I am sad sad sad.....

Good luck guys. I hope you can pull this off. I look forward to seeing this become a reality!
    - Dane

He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.

sounds pretty cool...I've never tried the narrow 408's. I might want more finish options. Hans what were you thinking in terms of the inlay? Single Bird, dragon, or knot?
    -Bob

Production double-neck? A 6 and a 12?
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    In.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Banned
    While you're at it, put a piezo on the 6, since they won't do it for a 12.

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    As long as it's just a dream, both the 6 and 12 are piezo ... FR Trems ... With roland. And platimum hardware. And it only weighs as much as a single neck hollowbody.
    Last edited by rugerpc; 02-06-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by docbennett View Post
    I don't think "won't" is the right verbiage. Cant?

12-string bridges are amazing. The intonation is adjusted for each string which is one of the reasons people love them. They would have a pretty tough time getting 12 piezo elements onto those saddles. I'm not saying it isn't possible but it certainly isn't available (today).

One Life

Banned
    I don't think "won't" is the right verbiage. Cant?

12-string bridges are amazing. The intonation is adjusted for each string which is one of the reasons people love them. They would have a pretty tough time getting 12 piezo elements onto those saddles. I'm not saying it isn't possible but it certainly isn't available (today).

I meant to say "can't". I was really psyched to build a PS CU-24 with 12 string and piezo, but that came crashing down to earth at 8 AM yesterday morning. I do understand that it is a "they would if they could" situation; not a refusal to do it by any means.

How about a Swamp Ash Spesh, 2-piece body, H-H config, Maple Neck and board with black outline birds. Special forum headstock novelty........No finish on body.

That would keep the production costs down low...... THEN each guitar comes with a $500 PTC credit, and we all mod to suit!!

Could change p-ups, colors, fretboard, inlays, fix the term whatever you want, add your own $$ if you want for something crazy!! Send it to someone for a Metal Paint job or a bowling ball swirl then back to PTC for set up who knows......... Send your body all around the world to be signed by forumites, the back to PTC for the clear coat..... Who knows!!

Have a sticky thread and keep track of them all!!

Would be a cool ad for the PTC too!!
    Last edited by Tim; 02-06-2013 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    How about a Swamp Ash Spesh, 2-piece body, H-H config, Maple Neck and board with black outline birds. Special forum headstock novelty........No finish on body.

That would keep the production costs down low...... THEN each guitar comes with a $500 PTC credit, and we all mod to suit!!

Could change p-ups, colors, fretboard, inlays, fix the term whatever you want, add your own $$ if you want for something crazy!! Send it to someone for a Metal Paint job or a bowling ball swirl then back to PTC for set up who knows......... Send your body all around the world to be signed by forumites, the back to PTC for the clear coat..... Who knows!!

Have a sticky thread and keep track of them all!!

Would be a cool ad for the PTC too!!
    Great idea Tim!
    -Bob

...THEN each guitar comes with a $500 PTC credit, and we all mod to suit!!
    Now THAT'S a great idea! (and I think the hair on the back of Shawn's neck just raised in fear )

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post
    Great idea Tim!
    Sure is. I love swamp ash and the PTC credit is an excellent path to some personalization.

You're never too old for tater tots.

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    Sure is. I love swamp ash and the PTC credit is an excellent path to some personalization.
    We are certainly on to something here.

You guys are so totally missing the boat, here.

Just choose a regular model, and have PRS paint it paisley, ship it in a paisley case, and include a paisley T-shirt, hat, socks, underwear and strap. Hans may want to skip the socks, but he could always opt for an extra T-shirt.

Better yet, make the paisley finish available to forum members only on any model, and let people scramble to get on board. That way, everyone gets the guitar they want, only it's paisley. Special. Forum. Paisley.

Private stock guys could get a paisley inlay.

I still like my ping pong paddle idea, maybe if the striking surface of the paddle was paisley, you guys would like it better.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 02-06-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    You guys are so totally missing the boat, here.
    Uh oh.......

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Just choose a regular model, and have PRS paint it paisley,

So, you like these, I guess???

Last edited by docbennett; 02-06-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    The Bolt-on body/neck also lends itself to being 'messed' with and shipping pieces around teh country... world.... universe etc!

The Bolt-on body/neck also lends itself to being 'messed' with and shipping pieces around teh country... world.... universe etc!
    And I'll bet PTC will paisley it.